Looking At Ls300

wombo

Hi guys,

Gees, didn't know there is a Lexus owner's forum. Well that's very nice and yes, hopefully I can gain much knowledge and enjoyment from this forum.

About the topic, i am in the market for Lexus and i've heard there is a LS300. I was kinda surprised when I hear LS300 as I never did realized there is a 3 liter version, always heard of LS400 and that's about it...

I hope I can find a little bit more information regarding LS300 at the particular year of 2000, ie spec, problems and general comments. Would any one of you be able to offer some help to where i can find a spec sheet? and please comment about the LS300 other than it has a smaller engine than LS400 =)

Thanks.

Well unfortunately there isn't and has never been an LS300, only the 400 which is now the 430. The LS is a wonderful car, I wanted one, but I couldnt swing a new 430, and I wanted a new car instead of used so I went with the ES. The 2000 LS has almost zero problems, they're one of the most reliable cars on earth!

If you look at the competition though, Lexus is still way cheaper than BMW, Mercedes, even Audi. You can get a fully loaded LS430 with all the toys for $70,000 where that same car will run you $85-90,000 in a BMW 7 or Benz S. Look at the GS, loaded at 50k while a loaded E500 or 540i asks $62k. The ES and IS come in cheaper loaded than a 3 series or C Class. Audi's are close, but still slightly more expensive.

The reason that other luxury car prices are dropping is because they have to so they can compete with Lexus. I'd feel like I was wasting money driving anything else!

If you really look, you can get a 2000 LS400 with 20-30k miles for $32k or so.