Changing Seats

jasperx

I am really keen to get the driver's seat from a LS 430 into some vehicle. I have very, very long femurs and this seat is the only one I have found that comes close. One way would be to purchase an LS 430 which I might actually do but it seems EXTREME to base a car purchase on this issue and actually not very likely to happen. My preference would be to buy a new Avalon and spend a couple thousand bucks to put the lexus seat in it.

Anyone have experience with putting these seats in other vehicles?

I get nothing but blank stares and sputtering when I mention this to the dealers... maybe I just need to find a smart dealer?

well the thing is, I heard it has to do with what you are describing is a safety issue. Seats are designed specifically for the car they are installed in. They have to meet certain state and federal saftey guidelines. (maybe not state, not sure).

When you change the seats and install them in a different car, everyone worries. And with good reason, if there is a failure and a fatality , everyone loses and law suits start flying. IMHO