We Are Down To A One Ls Family

billydpowell

got to where I cant drive safely at night, so I sold my black 99 yesterday, I just listed it monday and a dealer bought it... 243k but in great condition...

we kept my wifes white one and put my 430 chrome wheels on it and it looks great to me..

post-5365-0-29577600-1417090953_thumb.jp

post-5365-0-95446000-1417090986_thumb.jp

I always have mixed emotions when selling a vehicle. On one hand, having the extra space and not having the related expenses is a positive but on the negative, I often miss the cars. I would seriously like to have a large climate controlled storage facility where I had every vehicle I have ever owned.

Good choice keeping the white car. Black cars are just to hot in the southland.

no Micah, only an LS for me, I drive in the daytime, just not at night, the lights just blind me...

yes Denny it looks funny with only one car in the middle of the garage... but I do like the savings

and I cant imagine ALL my cars in one place, they would sure be worth a ton now..

We will now observe a moment of silence for our departed friend, the LS - 1999 good and faithful partner.

I don't know if the LOC is any different than say Club Lexus, but have you ever taken note of the number of postings there are here for legend/Classic Lexus models from the 1990's ?

It is amazing to me that those who take great care of there LS for example, will often show 100,000 to 200,000 and above mileage and still run like a "top." Reliability has always been important to Lexus engineers as the years have gone by.

Well Paul, Billy did a similar posting on CL...so, as of this posting, LOC has 9 replies and 425 views (not including this one) to CL's 16 replies and 511 views.

The views are not too far apart but the replies are 2:1.

Interesting, no? ;)

Billy, I can only hope I can find a deal like your car when it comes time to buy. Well cared for regardless of mileage, priced reasonably, looking that clean, and driving right. Spring is right around the corner, I have a lot of cars to tow between now and then, and while I probably won't be spending over $3000, there are plenty of LS400's that are under $3000 out there. It'll be a matter of which ones are available at that time, which of them I can afford, and which one of those has had the best care.

Billy, I can only hope I can find a deal like your car when it comes time to buy. Well cared for regardless of mileage, priced reasonably, looking that clean, and driving right. Spring is right around the corner, I have a lot of cars to tow between now and then, and while I probably won't be spending over $3000, there are plenty of LS400's that are under $3000 out there. It'll be a matter of which ones are available at that time, which of them I can afford, and which one of those has had the best care.

Hi Alan, welcome to LOC, I really was hesitant to let it go, but it was time... we dont travel anymore and most of the time both were just in the garage... and it saves a little insurance and taxes.... I am sure the 95-97 are holding up real good. I have always thought they were the "toughest" or best Lexus has ever made, so strong, we had several but we fell in love with the 98-2000 softer ride and extra add-ons..... so we will probably drive hers until the Lord calls us home.... and speaking of Him, I have always ask Him to lead me to a real good car.... you can too.. Cheers bp