Suspension + High Mileage = ?

OKSC3

I know the adverse effects of buying a car with 150k+ as far as the engine goes, and don't really have a problem, but suspension parts (not just shocks) can get pricey on higher mileage cars. Are there any known suspension problems on the SC4 that I should be aware of when looking at a higher mileage car? I don't mind dropping a grand into the engine to get it running like new, but I don't want to have to replace the rack or something else. And beyond suspension also, are the doors known to sag (I know they are heavy), anything else that might require maint. on a higher mileage car would be appreciated, I have gotten from this forum that these are well built cars that are in for the long haul.

Kyle

The front lower control arm bushings usually get worn out. There are 5 options that I know of. There are replacement bushings with 3 available products ranging from around 100-300 dollars parts only. Labor is probably 6 hours. You can also buy new lower control arms for less than $1000, or you could try Toyota Supra LCA which seem to be the same.

Engine motor mounts also seem to wear out.

I'm not sure about sagging doors, but you can adjust the bracket that the door locks onto.

Just remember that these items aren't mandatory to replace, but it may improve performance, ride quality, and reduce wear on other parts.

I don't know if the SC4's are the same as the 3's, but if they are, make sure the ball joints aren't going bad. I know on the 3's you have to buy the lower control arm to get the ball joint, which was an ungodly price from a dealer.