New Lexus "crafted Line"

pj8708

I loved it. I told tasteless jokes, talked about football and cars and really turned on the southern accent. I was their top salesman for years. Just got burned out and AZ and O'Reilly were putting the poor small town jobber out of business. It was sad to watch people lose their business just because big corporate a-holes would come put a store across the street that was open 24/7 and was a dime cheaper on parts. Very sad.

Was just asked my first impressions after a couple of weeks with my 2015 GS350 AWD F Sport Crafted.

To put into context my last few cars were a 2008 BMW 535i, 2010 Jaguar XF-R, 2012 BMW M3, Mercedes SL55 AMG and work cars 2012 Acura TL and 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium.

Like - Fit and finish of car. I hate creeks and this car doesn't disappoint. Adequate power, nicely appointed. Have had 1 snow already and the AWD handled itself admirably.

Disappointed - "Enform Remote" does not work, I'm told it is a software 'glitch'. Gas mileage is terrible. Haven't gotten above 20 MPG yet (and I drive very responsibly), Nav quite difficult to input information, and customization of dash screen isn't very user friendly.

Short answer. If I think of anything else I'll note it for the group.

I have admired beautiful cars all my life, but the new front ends are so uggggggly. Looks like a beautiful woman with the face of a gargoyle....

Driving irresponsibly in sport mode I was able to lower my fuel mileage to 19.7. Lowest ive been able to get. Not sure the best because with these low fuel prices, I am out to burn up as much as I can. Terrible I know but at least I'm honest

BGG ...

Mine is a 2013 GS350 AWD. My best mileage in winter when the car was new: about 24 mpg on the freeway, 19 mpg at best in town. Dealer told me that mileage improves with summer gas formula, and that proved to be the case. After getting a few miles on and in warmer weather, best was about 27mpg on freeway driving (approx 75 mph). I would characterize my driving style as moderately spirited; sometimes very spirited.

At 19K miles, and in suburban / city driving, best is about 20mpg - 21 mpg; drops below under certain conditions.

Based on dealer statement re: winter fuel mix and my experience, I accept the explanation but find the variance curious. Have not had this differential with other cars.

In any case, I think you will note some improvement over time.

I never really used Enform, and let the service expire after the year trial. Kept Sirius for which I negotiated a good price (music only). No glitch that I could see in early experiments with Enform, so maybe your problem is specific to 15. Disappointing if so, I agree.

Also agree on Nav; it is hopeless. the Garmin Navigator I used previously is far more simple and reliable. Nav system in my wife's '09 RX350 is worse; it tells me that my daughter's address doesn;t exist. (Are you listening, Lexus mgmt?)

Would appreciate updates as you progress. My last post on the car is under the GS club titled "Rethinking the GS350."

One suggestion: Put tires up about 5psi (which my dealer also recommends for winter). I find slight improvement in handling with no loss in ride comfort, and probably a little benefit to mpg. No evidence of impact on tire wear.

VB Denny - I wish I could get the ride up to 19.7 (if I could, I may try some spirited driving).

midwesterner - thanks for your comments as well. Will try the air in the tires to see how that works.

Thanks to all for your comments. I enjoy reading everyone's perspectives.