New Lexus "crafted Line"

pj8708

This link is a fantastic look at the new "Crafted Line" option on the new GS. If you like a high performance look and a cabin that shouts "Power" this treatment is fantastic.

However your taste may think its over the top. As the photo array shows, this option will be available on most Lexus models.

Tell us what you think!!

Paul

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/11/25/photo-gallery-lexus-gs-f-sport-crafted-line-edition/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I looked at this on the Lexus site, or maybe it was in the overdone Lexus magazine (!). Not very compelling in my view; looks more like a marketing effort. Don't care for the black / white contrast. Would've worked better in my view in black exterior with tan interior, or something other than black and white. Door handles ought to be nearly invisible rather than contrasted, and I can go for the standard wheels. For the price, I'd opt for the standard car and put the dollar difference in features and options.

At least I didn't say it looked like crap... :ph34r: Yep, they can do better.

Wheels are fine to me, but car needs some F-sport springs to lower it about 1" or so. These GS's must be production cars or truly production spec. Often if the cars are prototypes for showing at car shows and special events they use lowering springs for better appearance (a little trick of the trade). Here's an example of the GS350 shown at Pebble Beach the summer before first customer sales in 2012 (poor pic).

post-130421-0-07911400-1419038654_thumb.

post-130421-0-60699600-1419038828_thumb.

post-130421-0-44253800-1419038852_thumb.

I think it's just a production GS, badge-engineered to sell "exclusivity." Remember the Hurst Olds? On later models, except for the shifter, it was just a Cutlass, and previous models of the regular 442 would have blown it away.

These offerings seldom attract me, no matter which manufacturer. Seldom any mechanical substance to go with an expensive paint and trim job aimed at high unit profit. Guess what happens at trade-in time? Pssst! Wanna buy a Chevy Monte Carlo that says "Pace Car" on the side in tape? Make ya a real deal!

I took another look at the photos; you are right -- wheels are probably OK. Maybe the designer visited central IL; got black mirrors and spotlights on the unmarked black police cars. I guess somebody likes 'em.

• 3 weeks later...

You can tell that I like the white with dark trim by looking at my car. I even Plasti-dipped my emblems dark. It is a beautiful car Patrick. Sometimes it is good to walk to a different beat. :-)

Welcome BGG, the GS Craft Line is one of a kind, nicely done. (A good body shop can easily fix the mirrors/door handles for those that like me that prefer changing to body color, that's a minor mod in the world of mods.)

Agreed, nice to have a car that's unique and done with a Lexus-quality finish. No need to go with generic and common version of a car.

Well guys, I bought one. Liked that it didn't look like a 'generic' version of the GS. Guess beauty is in the beholder...

Things like this always make me chuckle.

Before the introduction of the 2013 ES's, that model had always had chrome door handles and chrome door trim.. When the new 2013 came out, the door handles were painted the same color of the body. At that time many owners were upset about the change and thought it looked cheap.

I thought either one of the two styles could look great. Others thought the new trim was cool. My guess is that the feelings about the new trim on the GS will evolve in the same way.

As for me, I really don't like the wheels. Yep, I'm old and uncool, but when I think Lexus I think of luxury. The black spoke wheels make the car look like a 70's Camaro. The only thing it's missing is the racing strip running along the hood. That being said, I do like the looks of the new GS and I think it will sell like crazy.

Paul

Well guys, I bought one. Liked that it didn't look like a 'generic' version of the GS. Guess beauty is in the beholder...

Things like this always make me chuckle.

Before the introduction of the 2013 ES's, that model had always had chrome door handles and chrome door trim.. When the new 2013 came out, the door handles were painted the same color of the body. At that time many owners were upset about the change and thought it looked cheap.

I thought either one of the two styles could look great. Others thought the new trim was cool. My guess is that the feelings about the new trim on the GS will evolve in the same way.

As for me, I really don't like the wheels. Yep, I'm old and uncool, but when I think Lexus I think of luxury. The black spoke wheels make the car look like a 70's Camaro. The only thing it's missing is the racing strip running along the hood. That being said, I do like the looks of the new GS and I think it will sell like crazy.

Paul

Funny you mention 70's Camero. My first car was a 1970.. Thanks for the comment

Easy to work on. Easy to get parts for. I sold car parts wholesale for 13 years. I could tell you every part number for a 350 because they outsold the others 5 to 1. Spark plug, R45TS, filter PF45......I could go on and on.

Very interesting job. For entertainment I have gone to junkyards my entire life. Had several GM.V-8 s. If someone had told me when I had my Buick 455 that iwould be driving a 2.5 liter engine in 2015. I wouldn't have even know what they were talking about