What To Expect From Lexus

pj8708

In an interview with the "Detroit Free Press", Lexus General Manager gives a complete overview of things to come in 2015 and announced that Lexus is not going to bow to any German car manufacturers price war marketing. The market price for any Lexus model in the future will not fall below $30,000.

This is a must read for any true Lexus enthusiast.

What do you think about the plans for Lexus future?

Are you planning to buy or trade for a Lexus model in 2015? If so, will the bottom price limit for Lexus models make you look more seriously at a Mercedes or BMW.

Paul

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2014/11/24/lexus-performance-vehicle-detroit-auto-show/70052332/

This is a must read for any true Lexus enthusiast.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2014/11/24/lexus-performance-vehicle-detroit-auto-show/70052332/

I've listened to Lexus execs flap their lips (both in person and via the press) for last couple years with somewhat limited results. I'm expecting more and I'm hopeful that Lexus will deliver over next couple of years.

I have a Mercedes C250 w/Sport Package PLUS, it's reliable/lux/efficient and suprisingly rewarding to drive.

I have some form of the RC coupe on my radar (to replace IS350) in 2015/2016...

I'm not sure what engendered the discussion about price wars; I'd think that a non-issue. Audi, BMW, and M-B are all generally priced higher for similarly equipped cars, and I've seen no evidence of price wars or deep discounting in my area. In fact, if there is a pricing strategy, it appears more Lexus strategy than European. On an individual sale basis, I got a substantial discount on my GS -- part of what led to a buying decision.

The reference to the $30K barrier, as I noted somewhere else, appears disingenuous. It's not much of hurdle in the luxury car realm, as few cars above the basic transportation definition sell for less. So I, once again, agree with St.

I like to think of myself as a steely-eyed realist, so with the exception of a few cars with which I could have a transcendental relationship, I will be carefully evaluating as the Lexus product line evolves.

• Like 1