2004 Ls430 "perfect Car"?

93LSOwner

Is it me or is the 2004 LS430 portrait as the perfect luxury car. Every where I see where they are comparing luxury cars, Lexus comes on top. Today, I was watching "Behind the Wheel" on CNBC, the test driver and the editor or the host said, {when standing front of LS430, sitting beside BMW 7-series} "a 8 year old Lexus LS400 has less problems than this 2003 BMW 7-series after 6 months" And they rated the 2004 LS430 as the most reliable car. And this is just the beginning.

My wife thinks the BMW 7's are the best - she has ridden both....

But her perspective is more from a design aspect, I am certain. Mechanically, once she sees the reliablity of the LS compared to the Beemer, she would agree the LS is superior.

That 7 series has some serious rear leg room!!!

I have had an 01 and now an 04 and I think it is definitely the best "all around" luxury sedan available today. I looked at the Audi A8, BMW 745, Mercedes 430/500 S class and the new Jag XJR. All had their strengths and weaknesses but OVERALL the LS430 is King!

The Audi is the prettiest in my opinion, smooth lines, great wheels, but I had to wait 3 weeks to test drive one while they fixed the computer software in it. This turned me off....waaaaay off. It also felt a little sluggish when compared with other cars I drove. Ultimately it got knocked off my short list because it doesnt offer laser radar and I will never buy another highway cruiser without it.

The BMW 745 handled well and there was adequate power but the controls were a joke. I also thought the interior was not to my liking...not nice enough in my opinion for the money. I like the exterior styling although it took me a while to come around. The deep dish wheels look great. I am also very concerned about BMWs reliability and warrantee coverage. My daughter has a 2001 BMW 330xi and it has had many problems. I could go on forever about it....

The S class was in my opinion the least desirable. The styling was just OK, it seemed somewhat outdated compared with the rest of the competition. The power was good and the seats comfortable. It was WAY more expensive when you bought the same level of performance and options compared to the Lexus (ultra model). It did however offer a Laser radar option.

I really liked the Jaguar XJR (with turbo) . It was a blast to drive. Power, torque and Jag handling, it was amazing. The interior is very classy (in that typically British way) and it came with lots of options including the laser radar! I absolutely love that metallic racing green color and turbine wheels. If I didnt already have a sports car(s) in the stable i might have gone with the Jag.

Ultimately the LS 430 was an easy choice...because it does EVERYTHING extremely well. It wasnt the prettiest, it wasn't the fastest, it didn't handle the sportiest and it certainly wan't the most expensive. It was the most thoughtfully concieved, best executed, uncompromising vehicle of the bunch. Have to go...my buddy needs a lift to his Mercedes dealerhip to pick up his S class... :lol:

Oh yeah, didn't consider a Q....it looks ugly!

I think "best car" is a little bit subjective. It all depends on what you want out of a car. I agree the LS may be the best made car out there, and I'd definately buy one, but everyone has their own "best car"

If you want sportiness with state of the art features (and don't mind if they dont work) then a 7 or A8 is better suited

If you want the best prestige, then definately the S Class

If you want the smoothest quietest ride, best service, best reliability, great looks and prestige then the LS no question.

After problems with a 2003 M-B E500 I traded it on a 2004 LS430. Wish I had bought the LS430 first. While not as sharp style-wise, it is a better car in nearly every other respect. All technology works and is vastly superior to that on the E500. The Sport Suspension provides a nice, taut ride without being at all uncomfortable.

Went to the NY auto show yesterday and the only car that struck me by far was the 2004 LS. It's a great car, everything you would need, detailed to perfection.

The new GS430 looked great, very nice transition from the current model.

Lexus also unveiled a new concept convertible with the same V8 that's in the LS430 and GS430, called LFC. The car reminded me of Nissan Z350 from the back. Anyone knows if its a possible future replacement for the current SC430?

I grabbed my digital camera with me to the show, with the intent to take a lot of pictures. Unfortunately, the battery was low and couldn't take any pictures. :angry: I've managed to take one picture of a new Mercedes CLS500.

I have to go again on Friday with my girl this time, she was upset i didn't take her with me and my friends on sunday. I'll take a few if i go.

In either case the link below has some nice pictures of the car.

http://www.babez.de/lexus/lfc.php