Wheel On 91 Ls400

vyhanh

Hi my cars the mk1 400,so the standard wheels were 205/65/15s

Ive gone up to 245/40/18s

MAKE SURE THAT THE OFFSET THE WHEELS ARE AS CLOSE TO THE STANDARD 50 OFFSET OR THE TYRES WILL RUB ON THE FRONT WINGS WHEN TRAVELLING ON UNEVEN ROADS...

The differences between the wheels are like above

More grip

Car is more stable

Slightly more tyre noise

Less or no understeer :D

Makes it more stable you say?

MMmmmm

I wonder if this is the reason I get batted around in high wind like I do. Any thoughts on this? I am not talking about 40-50MPH wind, I am talking about like 15-20MPH wind and it drives me nuts. :wacko:

Makes it more stable you say?

MMmmmm

I wonder if this is the reason I get batted around in high wind like I do. Any thoughts on this? I am not talking about 40-50MPH wind, I am talking about like 15-20MPH wind and it drives me nuts.:wacko:

Hi,

Theres more feel with the steering with the wider tyres and the car feels more sure footed at all speeds...

I was driving back from somewhere the other week on the motorway(freeway ;) ) and it was very windy that day,i was driving 75 to 80mph and i could feel the cross winds,in my view because the tyres are wider the steering is a little more meater and getting around those speeds or faster,the wind still trys to blow the car around...because the springs and shocks are soft for ride quailty.

Oh,i forgot to say this on the above post

The car also stops better in dry and wet road conditions and under heavy braking the ABS does not seem to cut in so much because theres more grip to slow the big girl down.

To be honest my own view again,so dont be upset....If i had to drive my mk1 with the standard wheels,i would sell the car....i didnt find the car very nice to drive at all,TO MUCH UNDERSTEER..... :angry:

With the wider tyres in my view its a different to drive now :D ...

NO MORE UNDERSTEER......and i enjoy driving the car :D

Now the car drives how imagined it would before i bought it..

Hope thats been of some help to you.