Key Code, 2000 Lexus Es300

ZRTECH

I've read in different places that the code is on the lock of the passenger, then I've read it's on the driver side.

1. Can someone clarify which side it is for a 2000 Lexus ES300?

2. Where EXACLT is it on the lock before I start tearing into my door?

Thanks for all the helpful info!

• 8 months later...

I took a gamble and got SEWELL LEXUS to cut a master key using my VIN alone. They sent the key with my key code and luckily it was the right one. So now I have a new master key and the key code to get more cut if I desire.

I've read many times that a Lexus dealer can look up key codes as long as the owner provides proof of ownership.

The key codes are imprinted on both the little metal key ring tab and on the plastic case of the wallet key holder that originally came with your car.

Edit: Unfortunately, Sewell Lexus closed down their online parts department earlier this year. Their service and prices were excellent and they will be missed by many.

1990LS400 what if you don't have the key tag or the card as it was in my case. That's why I went that route, many times with used Lexus cars, the dealer will change the locks to preven theft.

1990LS400 what if you don't have the key tag or the card as it was in my case. That's why I went that route, many times with used Lexus cars, the dealer will change the locks to preven theft.

Dealers never, and I mean never, change locks on cars to prevent theft or for any other reason. Where did you get that idea?