Upgrade Their Disc Brakes?

I have a 98 es and I think my rotors are warped. I just turned 60 k. I'm thinking about an OEM Brembo "upgrade", non vented with OEM - not lexus/toyota composite pads. Anyone upgrade their brakes have any suggestions? manufacturere, distributor, installer? thanks!

These are my brake rotors. They are SP Performance, Drilled and Slotted. My pads in front are Hawk and the pads in rear are Remsa Gold. Overall, I would say they've been great. The only thing that annoys me is that they rust wherever the pads do not touch. But other than that, they are great.

post-7-1081533358.jpg

• 2 years later...

I recently bought a 1995 ES300 and am thinking about replacing the stock rotors with Powerslots. I read somewhere on this forum that slotted rotors are not recommended. Any reason? I have Powerslots and EBC pads on my civic and the brake response is fantastic.

Drilled and slotted rotors actually provide less braking surface for your brake pads to grasp to. Sticking with blanks would be the best choice for a vehicle that is laying down factory HP and doesn't see track usage. Drilled and slotted rotors are mainly for the aesthetics of a vehicle.

Oh my god somebody besides me finally said it!

Brembo blank rotors

Hawk HPS pads

Change brake fluid to dot 4

To keep the rotor from rusting, paint it with silver high-temp paint before installing on any surface that will nto be scrubbed clean by the brake pad. The rotor will always have a clean appearance & will somewhat match the color of must chrome / aluminum / mag type wheels.

Slotted rotors serve the purpose of scraping melted brake pad material from the face of the brake pad. But... It takes laps on an actual road corse on good pads to achive that. No need for larger than stock calipers. Stock calipers will activate ABS at well over 70mph. That means you don't have enough traction for the braking effort your brakes can currently provide. Upgrading the brake effort further will not shorten your stopping times an inch.