20" Wheels On 2004 Ls 430 Sport

JWWJR

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE RIDE QUALITY IF YOU PUT 20" WHEELS WITH 245/35'S ON A 2004 EURO SPORT. I JUST LOVE THE CAR AND THE RIDE BUT FEEL IT NEEDS SOME HELP IN THE WHEEL DEPARTMENT BUT I AM NOT WILLING TO GIVE UP THE GREAT RIDE ? WILL IT HELP TO GO TO 19" WHEELS ? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THE LSPORTLINE WHEELS. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

* will it change the ride? Yes.

* Will it change the ride enough that it will bother you? Maybe

* Will 19" help? Hard to say. If you don't want the ride altered at all, 19's may not be it either. And check tire prices too. Last time I looked at 19's, the prices were crazy. If the prices are OK, then all you can do is guess and also rely ont he shop that sells you the wheels to recommend smooth-riding tires. Not all tires are equal! Where were you looking to get them from?

If you have not done so already, you might consider different tires. My LS430 came with the 18" wheels and Bridgestone Turanza summer tires. I like the wheels and replaced the tires with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. The handling is very, very good. 20" wheels will definitely adversely effect the ride quality.

I did have the Bridgestone Turanza E33 on my Euro-Tuned suspension 18 inch wheels. I replaced them with Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. These are summer tires and if you live in southwestern states it would be the choice for summer tires. It gives you excellent handling, smooth and quite ride.

If you are looking for all seasons tire, the Michelin Sport A/S would be your choice.

Going to 20" wheels will adversely affect ride quality.

I don't know if your car does have Euro-Tuned Suspension. It would have been the best choice if you were looking for better handling instead of going to 20" wheels.

Good luck.

Whenever you go to bigger rims, you go will have to go to a smaller sidewall to keep the overall outside diameter the same (or close). Although there are a few other factors that contribute (in a minor way), less sidewall equals less cushion. The low profile tires that have smaller sidewalls also have more rigid sidewalls to help wheel protection, which then degrades the ride a little more. BUT, your car will look (subjective ;)) and handle better. It just depends on what you want to get from the car. It is a balancing act unfortunately. Nothing is for free. ;) :D

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE RIDE QUALITY IF YOU PUT 20" WHEELS WITH 245/35'S ON A 2004 EURO SPORT. I JUST LOVE THE CAR AND THE RIDE BUT FEEL IT NEEDS SOME HELP IN THE WHEEL DEPARTMENT BUT I AM NOT WILLING TO GIVE UP THE GREAT RIDE ? WILL IT HELP TO GO TO 19" WHEELS ? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THE LSPORTLINE WHEELS. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Did you put the 20" on your LS430? If so, what offset did you get? PLease email me and let me know, thanks.

cozer01@hotmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking of buying a used 2002 LS430 with 16,000 miles on it. I really dislike the crummy 16" wheels on it (they look like a spare tire...) Anyway, if you decide you want to sell your 18" wheels from your 2004, let me know. I think they would dramatically improve the looks of the 2002 I'm considering...

Randy

Anyone else put the 18"s on their 2001-2003 LS430?