07 Ls460 Are There Really Issues With This Model Year?

I'm about to buy an 07 LS460 with 90,000 km. single owner from a Lexus dealer. I hear that the 08 is better because the bugs have been worked out. What's this about control arms and rear suspension and wind noise? Should I be concerned about this model? I had an 01 LS430 and it was a flawless car.

I can pick up an ES350 for $8K less, but I think it would be too small for me (I'm 6-2).

I look forward to your comments and thanks in advance.

I don't know about technical issues with LS cars, but an 07 with only 90,000 km sounds pretty good. A test drive ought to answer the wind noise question, and if the car is certified or comes with warranty from the dealer, I would think any suspension component requirements would become a non-issue.

Of all the people I've known who have Lexus LS, and from everything I've read, the only complaint is that it does not have quite the spirited driving performance of its German competitors. And that's usually an acceptable trade-off for folks who buy Lexus. One of these days in the not-so-distant future, we may narrow down to a single family car, and an LS would probably be the main contender at present. Good luck.

There were a number of service bulletins and at least one recall issued for the 2007 LS460 with the most serious being a recall for valve spring breakage. Does Canada have anything like the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration where a person can check for service bulletins and recalls?: http://www.nhtsa.gov/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm about to buy an 07 LS460 with 90,000 km. single owner from a Lexus dealer. I hear that the 08 is better because the bugs have been worked out. What's this about control arms and rear suspension and wind noise? Should I be concerned about this model? I had an 01 LS430 and it was a flawless car.

I can pick up an ES350 for $8K less, but I think it would be too small for me (I'm 6-2).

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 07 Lexus LS460 and have replaced the control arms once, and feel like they will need replaced again sometime soon. There is some level of wind noise that makes me attempt to roll up the window when in fact the window is already all the way up. As for the rear suspension I have not notice any major defects at this point.

• 2 months later...

Consumer Report finds some issues with Engine Cooling, Electrical System and to a lesser degree with Drive System. It and the 2008 LS 460 were are the only years not rated "excellent" in used car prediction. The LS's are great cars (I've owned three), but this one might cost more to repair.