Engine Immobilizer Reset 2008 Rx350

I accidentally left the lights on last night on my vehicle and completely killed my battery. I tried jumping it and the car alarm was going off initially until i turned it off. There was no reaction to the jump. I took the battery to the store where they confirmed that it was completely dead and have purchased and installed a new battery. When I go to turn the vehicle on the dash lights up and I can lock and unlock the doors as well as turn on the lights however the engine still will not click over. Is it possible that I need to perform an engine reset to get the car to work again. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

There could be a loose cable connection, either at the battery or at the other ends. A loose chassis ground connection will produce what you are experiencing. If you are using anti-corrosion (felt) rings for under the battery terminal clamps, they could be preventing the clamp(s) from making full contact with the battery post. You could also have an incompletely charged battery.

I appreciate the quick response, the new battery is definitely fully charged and has been retested. I have checked all the cable connections and they appear to be connected and tightened properly. Do you know of any other ideas? Thanks again.

Yes, if the starter has failed, you would be able to measure 12+ volts at the starter. Sometimes a rap on the starter, itself will get its solenoid to energize, but this may require having your vehicle up in the air. If the starter is not receiving voltage, the ignition switch may be bad.

Also, I have read that if the alarm goes off and the battery, disconnected during or immediately after, the next time you attempt to start the vehicle, you must first deactivate the alarm by using it to unlock the door (or just pushing the unlock button). You might want to give that a try.