Replaced Ac/heater Blower Motor

agiles212

I recently replaced the blower motor in my 1992 LS400 with a after market part, the install was clean with all connectors and fuses reattached. When I went to start the car the blower began to work however, the car would not turn over as if the fuel pump was turned off. I did not disconnect the battery before doing the install. After several attempts of starting the car I disconnected the battery cables for approximately 1hour hoping that it would reset the computer, well that didn't work either. I checked all the fuses and there were none blown. Prior to fixing the blower there were no problems with the car starting at all. There is fuel in the car, and when I turn the ignition I can hear the clicks from the FP relay, but cant get no action........Need Help....Any suggestions?

Welcome, Andre!

Let's back up a minute....you say the car would not "turn over". Do you mean it would not crank at all or would crank(starter turns the engine) but not start?

Thank you for the welcome and reply. ... The car cranks but turn over. ...as I try and trouble shoot I noticed that the anti theft security light does not come on when set.. so now I'm thinking that the anti theft system has disabled .. But not sure

Just FYI...you can just click on the "edit" button to modify a previous post if you like.

I cannot see why changing the blower would affect the theft system. Or keep the engine from running.

Maybe disconnect the battery overnight and try again in the morning(theft reset)? Otherwise, you may have to troubleshoot between fuel and spark. It has to be something simple if it was running before.

Once again Thanks Tech Guru, I'm new to the forum so bare with me lol....but I will try the option of disconnecting the battery because there were no issues with the car until this point...sparks, fuel line, FP, timing etc... were all changed and the car was running great....so that's why I thought that maybe it was related to the anti theft system....I will keep you posted...

I will study it better when I get the time. But for now try this.

Ignition switch off and key out. All doors closed, hood and trunk closed. Wait a minute or so lock and unlock driver or passenger door with key a few times.

Never disconnect the battery with doors locked, or key in the ignition switch.

Oh and if the battery was disconnected with the doors unlocked, make sure they are unlocked before reconnecting it.

If you disconnect the bat and reconnect with doors locked your not fixing the problem. So what all did you disconnect when doing the motor change? If the ecu was unplugged and replugged with bat still connected then it maybe goofed up.

Exhaustgases: Thats exactly what I did..I did not disconnect the battery prior to unplugging the ecu and removing the blower. .. so I have tried working in reverse by disconnecting the battery. . Then disconnecting the ecu..waiting a few minutes then reconnect.. But still no fire. .. And i tried the option with the key that you suggested and no dice..now I'm thinking it's totally the FP..... But not sure how to test it.

It is fairly easy to check for spark but you will have to remove some of the plastic pieces perhaps. I would just try to pull a plug wire that is convenient. Put a spare plug on the end or use a screwdriver held close to ground to see if a spark jumps while cranking.

Exhaustgases: You know what. .I started thinking the same thing.... so let me ask. . Is there anything I should know before changing it out. .besides my obvious mistake of not disconnecting the battery. .

FYI...... thanks for all the replies and suggestions. ....I did locate the problem and once again it was an error on my part. ..I retraced my entire step of the install and I found a loose connector. .. Once connected the car started with no problem.

Landar: Thanks again bro. ... And being an extreme novice at this I'm not sure what connector it is. .I do know that it was not apart of the ECU and that it is located under the passenger side dash attached to the r/s floor board area and that it is gray in color. Next time I'm gonna be sure to take pics from the beginning of a project to the end.

Landar: Thanks again bro. ... And being an extreme novice at this I'm not sure what connector it is. .I do know that it was not apart of the ECU and that it is located under the passenger side dash attached to the r/s floor board area and that it is gray in color. Next time I'm gonna be sure to take pics from the beginning of a project to the end.