No Check Engine Light, But Vsc Trac, Vsc Off, Airbag Lights On. Also S

GDaddy

My dad has a 2005 Lexus GX 470. Out of no where, the VSC TRAC, VSC OFF, and AIRBAG lights came on. The CHECK ENGINE light is off. The screen stopped working but will come on when audio is pressed but then goes back off. The clock reset as well and the remote key lock and unlock no longer works.

I read in another forum another person had this same exact issue and there was a blown fuse under the hood (he didn't say which one). He said he replaced it and it fixed everything for about a minute but then the fuse blew again. I am assuming there is a short somewhere in the system.

I have not had the chance to look at the fuses but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows what the fix was.

Thank you for your help!

After doing some trouble shooting I found the ECU-b fuse under the hood was blown. I replaced it and all was fixed until I put the SUV in reverse. Come to find out there is a known issue with the driver door mirror actuator. When the SUV is placed in reverse, the mirror tilts down. The actuator shorts out very often (so much Lexus issued a TSB on it). When the mirror tilts down it shorts out and blows the fuse.

For a temp fix, place your mirror switch in the center and don't adjust the driver mirror. If the switch is in center, the mirror will not move when you go into reverse.

For a permanent fix, call Lexus and see if you are under warranty. If you are not ask them to cover half of the charge to repair. We were out of warranty and they paid for half of repair so we had to pay $100 out of pocket. All is good to go now!

Also, if your windows stopped working from the driver door, do this:

Roll each window down halfway from the door itself. Then press and hold up to roll them up and then hold up for at least two seconds after they are fully up. Do this for each window and it will fix that issue as well.

• 8 months later...