2008 Rx400H And Pa006 Inf-526

new to me 2008 rx400h bought it dirt cheap, got the inverter recall done the other day.

gettin a pa006 inf 526 (Hybrid battery volate system isolation fault) looked it up and found tsb's apperently water leaks from the rear tailgate, has anyone open up the battery compartment? ive rebuilt a few prius hybrid batteries at work so im not afraid to stick my hands in there, just wanted to know what to expect before i dig in on the weekend, and also if anyone knows where i can find/buy battery cells and other parts would greatly appreciate the tips,

I have automotive shop service software(Alldata, Mitchel On Demand), so in essence I do have a service manual, I don't want to waste time running checks one by one, I'd like to start with the most common problem that's other rx400 typically have in that area, and after that run the rest of the checks, when I picked up the car from dealer after they changed IPM the guy told me the car is throwing DTC's and that there's a lot of corrosion in the battery compartment, anywho, waiting till the weekend to rip apart the back seat and get to the battery, will try to take pics, must warn ( do not try what I will be doing on your own if you don't know your way around a hybrid system, respect the hybrid system)

Nope, not a flood car, TSB states that spot welded seams below the shocks for the tailgate crack and water enter through there and gets into everywhere including where the battery is, info is available online, google TSB for rx400h

If you know your way around a vehicle and know how to take it apart(not break it) and put it back together sure why not take a look, just beware of anything that's an orange as it is part of the hybrid system, can't do any harm in just removing seats

I believe you also have to remove the top battery cover to see anything, do that at your own risk, if at any point you're hesitant about removing it then don't as you may do harm to yourself and the car