Need Help Buying Lexus Ls400

Logan4Lexus

Recently I've been looking around for a Lexus LS400, the only one relatively close to me right now is a 98' and has 217k miles on it with the timing belt last changed at 90k miles for $3000. Is this a good buy, and what do you think it would cost me to fully repair the vehicle? (All the bells and whistles that may need maintance) If this isn't a good buy, because it seems it wasn't exactly well maintained, what should I be looking for in a Lexus LS400 for a price range of about $3500?

I think its worth it too look for a higher priced lower mileage car. There are lots of very low mileage LS400's in Florida I would shop around. Why buy high miles and have to put lots of $ into it? I'll PM some cl links, if I post em here they just run out and are bothersome.

listen to bob, good thinking.. my 99 LS400 has 243k on it and still runs silent (nearly) and smooth... but I can just feel it getting a little loose and beginning to need more attention and restoration than I want to give it.... at 80+ I dont think I will live long enough to put another 100k on it..... so buy lower miles and enjoy putting the high miles on it yourself...

I would like to put new shock/struts and bushings front and rear and really tighten it up, it deserves it... but some one else would get to enjoy it.... that and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee at a few places..... good grief I remember 5 cent coffee... and nickel movies on saturday....

post-5365-0-25769700-1415885397_thumb.jp