Wheelmax.. Avoid At All Costs..

Hello all! I just wanted to share my experience with a company called Wheelmax in Miami. Please feel free to respond to let me know if you have experienced the same thing. Or, if you are looking for wheels, read this post and stay away from them!!

I purchased a set of wheels and tires from wheelmax.com. They were a fair price and had some good rubber on them, Toyo Proxes T1-S. When I received the wheels, I opened the box and they were the wrong ones. After calling them, sending them a picture, and waiting a month for them to send UPS to pick them up, they are claiming that when they got the wheels back, they were DAMAGED!! And, they are trying to charge me a 50% restocking fee or I have to take them back!!!

These guys are out of their minds. The wheels were packed the same way they were shipped, and they were the ones who sent out the call tag for UPS. Now it is my fault they didn't pay the $20 for insurance.

PLEASE support me in NOT BUYING FROM WHEELMAX!! Buy from a more reliable established company.

Thanks!

How did you pay? If by credit card, you can call your credit card company and file a dispute, the credit card company will issue a charge back if that wheel company cannot prove to the credit card company that they are not at fault. Hence, you will get your money back no matter what they say about restocking fee.

thats exactly what i would do.i would charge it back if you paid thru a credit card.also file complaints with the better buisness and any other place you could.dont let them just beat you for 50 percent of that money!thats there fault not yours!

Your cc might also have insurance for damaged and returned items. Depends on your "level" etc. Also, a registered letter to WheelMax that you intend to comm to the BBB and to LOC etc. will get them to take notice and come clean I bet. From there is might be small claims court...