Bouncing When Driving?

lexi98

Thank you for responding...I am going crazy...the truck bounces constantly over all road types ..even smooth ones. The bounce is very rough and feels like I get airborne at times. I haven't checked anything, I don't know how to check those and the manual is confusing to me. Please advise......

Sounds like something is really wrong with the suspension. Is the bounce the same on bumpy and smooth roads? or is the bouncing just magnefied on bumpy roads and less on smooth roads. What about when you accelerate, brake, or stationary?

-Robert

yeah, the accumulators are abour $535 ea. and the labor is huge.

they are not easy to swap and they take time, when it is done you must

flush and bleed the system also. i would consult the dealer

If the fluid looks okay, then have you tried to change the vehicle height with the height control yet? If not, try changing it from low to normal to high and back a few times. Maybe that will flush out what ever it is.

A question for 2GZ:

What do the accumulators do? Do they control the upward and downward motion of the suspension on a bump?

-Robert

the suspension accumulators are the actula shocks in the system, the shocks are the unit that raise and lower the vehicle, when an accumulator bellows are not operational they lock up, as if there is a clogged passage

Thank you both so much! I will look at that over the weekend and pray that is all I have to do because $535 ea is not an option in my book. But I appreciate your help.

Never ceases to amaze me. People buy expensive cars, then baulk at paying for the cost of repairs which are also going to be expensive.

If you can't afford the repairs then buy something cheaper and use the money saved to pay for repairs.

I'd check the shock absorbers. Bounce each corner of the car up and down 3 or 4 times. Let go and the car should stop bouncing on the 2nd rebound. Do ach corner. If any or all take more than the 2nd rebound to stop moving, the the shocks are shot.

An alternative is to have someone drive alongside you abd watch each wheel in turn. Bad shocks will show up as excessively bouncing wheels.

You could always take it to a Suspension shop and ask them to check. If they give you bad news then take it away.

By the way, faulty suspension is a defect as braking and steering control is dimished. Crash and you will be liable as your suspension is defective. Your Insurance company will walk away from you leaving you personally liable for damages and you alos face the possibility of aggrivated damages for having a car in an unroadworthy status.

Personally, I'd get it fixed ASAP

LX470...Thank you....I will check all......money problems are truly not issues....I was asking for a reason and possible solution before I go to the dealer for as dealers like to tell people anything.......but I appreciate your response....when I joined the Lexus site, I thought it was for help or advice from fellow Lexus members not from people who judge or assume or make sarcastic remarks........have a very BLESSED day!

• 3 months later...

I have been supplying recharged suspension accumulators for InfinitiQ45's with active suspension for several years now. I'll be happy to offer the same service to Lexus owners. I modify the accumulators with aircraft parts and restore them to full original charge pressure--for about 1/3 of new parts prices. Full one year warranty, lifetime 50% off after that. Rebuilt parts are sent for your exchange, yours sent back to me.

SAVE LOTS OF MONEY!

• 3 weeks later...
I have been supplying recharged suspension accumulators for InfinitiQ45's with active suspension for several years now. I'll be happy to offer the same service to Lexus owners. I modify the accumulators with aircraft parts and restore them to full original charge pressure--for about 1/3 of new parts prices. Full one year warranty, lifetime 50% off after that. Rebuilt parts are sent for your exchange, yours sent back to me.

SAVE LOTS OF MONEY!

Texasoil - need more info on how to get in touch to discuss swap with you.