Gx470 Rattles And Squeaks

TimGX470

Hello,

I have had my GX for about 60 days now. I seem to have squeaks come from the navigation area of the dash whenever the car has been heated by the sun. Does anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it. I am due to visit the dealer for the first service in a few weeks.

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...
Hello,

I have had my GX for about 60 days now. I seem to have squeaks come from the navigation area of the dash whenever the car has been heated by the sun. Does anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it. I am due to visit the dealer for the first service in a few weeks.

Thanks!!

well, the squeaks in my gx, are the driver's seat, only during winter. rattles- driver door cladding when the weather is cold. :cries:

• 5 months later...
Hello,

I have had my GX for about 60 days now.  I seem to have squeaks come from the navigation area of the dash whenever the car has been heated by the sun.  Does anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it.  I am due to visit the dealer for the first service in a few weeks.

Thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have 5250 miles on my 04. I had a rattle in the rear door. It turns out the rear door was missing a piece of insulation. Once this was fixed the rattle went away. I still have wind noise, it seems to be coming from the pass or bacl seat door. The dealer states they cannot find the wind noise. All and all the GX-470 is the best SUV I have ever driven. I had Grand Cherroke,Pathfinder and Murano.

that's great you guys, either you guys got a good batch (becuz mine was the guinea pig) or they have solved it. Now to keep it rattle free, Don't drive over :potholes, fast drving over bumps, drive over a small curb, don't go offroad, or anything that will inflict any chances of rattles. Like i said earlier, my rattles only occur during winter but it seems to be rattle free during summer though!

and i duno if it's only me, but the woodgrain on the side trimmings next to the nav aren't equal on mine. the left side is a little little bit raised up. small imperfections BUT aren't rattles. Just curious who else has that kind of woodgrain prob.

that's great you guys, either you guys got a good batch (becuz mine was the guinea pig) or they have solved it. Now to keep it rattle free, Don't drive over :potholes, fast drving over bumps, drive over a small curb, don't go offroad, or anything that will inflict any chances of rattles. Like i said earlier, my rattles only occur during winter but it seems to be rattle free during summer though!

and i duno if it's only me, but the woodgrain on the side trimmings next to the nav aren't equal on mine. the left side is a little little bit raised up. small imperfections BUT aren't rattles. Just curious who else has that kind of woodgrain prob.

After reading your post, I just walked out to the garage and double checked. The wood trim on mine is perfect, no imperfections at all.

I havn't had any of the cold weather rattles that you experienced either. We had some below zero weather around Christmas time, and not one rattle or squeek.

I owned an '03 for 8,000mi (9 mo's) and have had an '04 (with KDSS) for 10kmi (10 mos). The '03 had a rattle in the rear seat middle arm rest/cup holder; the dealer stuffed it with something and it went away. It also had the driver seat squeak/rattle when going hard around curves. I sold that one before getting it fixed

The '04 had a rattle in the passenger front seat; dealer fixed it. It now has a rattle from the middle arm rest/cup holder when the holder is up; when it's down it's fine. I'll have the dealer take a look at that if I can't fix it.

Regarding wind noise: the roof rack cross bars seem to cause a lot of noise. Moving the front one behind the sun roof opening and moving the rear one to the back of the rear passanger door opening seems to give me the least amount of wind noise. Also check the cross bars to make sure that the front edge is facing forward (there is an arrow on the cross bar that points forward). When I first picked up my vehicle one of the cross bars had been put on backwards.

Bob

I owned an '03 for 8,000mi (9 mo's) and have had an '04 (with KDSS) for 10kmi (10 mos). The '03 had a rattle in the rear seat middle arm rest/cup holder; the dealer stuffed it with something and it went away. It also had the driver seat squeak/rattle when going hard around curves. I sold that one before getting it fixed

The '04 had a rattle in the passenger front seat; dealer fixed it. It now has a rattle from the middle arm rest/cup holder when the holder is up; when it's down it's fine. I'll have the dealer take a look at that if I can't fix it.

Regarding wind noise: the roof rack cross bars seem to cause a lot of noise. Moving the front one behind the sun roof opening and moving the rear one to the back of the rear passanger door opening seems to give me the least amount of wind noise. Also check the cross bars to make sure that the front edge is facing forward (there is an arrow on the cross bar that points forward). When I first picked up my vehicle one of the cross bars had been put on backwards.

Bob

that's weird, aren't those settings suppose to be factory settings so that we don't get wind noise?? I don't get wind noise at all! (good thing because i've already experienced a LOT!)