Engine Performance For 1st Gen Gs300

Okay, besides changing the torque converter for front line performance and adding greddy headers I am trying to find out what else can be done to increase engine performance/horspower. I am looking to garage my Lex and do what I have to do to get it where I want. I figured I would start with the engine mods and then get into the suspension. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1994 GS300 185120 Miles.

I have cold air intake and an aftermarket exhaust on my 93 which helped a little. Only real power gain you will see is a turbo and you have too many miles for it to pay off on your current engine. 2jz-gte swap is your only option for some real power they also offer super chargers, plp performance, but again on a high mileage engine i wouldn't recommend it.

I started looking at the different turbo packages and your right my engine has way to many miles on it. So as crazy as it sounds I am in the process of purchasing either a new engine or a low mileage engine. I will then purchase the turbo. What other mods would you recommend with the turbo ie.. fuel, suspension, etc

Why would you recommend that. I have started to become very familiar with this vehicle and know what has been replaced and what still needs to be done. The car is solid with most of the normal wear and tear componenets in the suspension system replaced. I just finished reupholstering the interior as well as repairing the cluster. I had the shift knob dyed and replaced. I am now in the process of having the steering wheel reconditioned. I have also ordered but not yet installed the rosewood wood trim package. The body and frame are in ecxellent condition. And since it is my intention to replace the engine and add a turbo package I see no reason to start off with another car in which I am unfamiliar with. My question is what else should I consider changing, such as fuel delivery system as well as possibly adding the MSD ignition compenent to enhance the spark discharge.

What about a cold air induction, a cat-back dual exhaust, AND an ECU/ECM reprogramming? I talked with the guys at JET chip and they said they could reprogram the ECM to either a "Stage I" or "Stage 2" (depending on mods to the car) to gain 30+ HP on top of the other mods. Also, what about a wet or dry Nitrous set-up?

Seems these option all would give some real seat-of-the-pants performance improvements w/o getting a turbo or new car? Just some ideas.

• 2 months later...

IMO if it was me.... I would take the engine out... have it tested... if the block is good... chunk the internals.. and rebuild with all forged stuff.. a but pricey... but... gotta pay to play..(btw this is what I plan on doing) after the internals are put in place a set of cutom grinded cams would eb nice.. and a turbo.. going 2jz-ge... as well as a stand alon ecu.. and a adjustable coil over suspension.. I heard a supra TT rear end swap is good.. as well as rebuilding the tranny with a bullet proof set up..