Getting To Know The Detailing Forum!

Hi guys,

I'm Steve and I'm here to be the facillitator of our detailing forum here at the Lexus Owners Club.

I have a lot of background in detailing, I've been doing it as a hobby for the past 10 years or so. Detailing is a great hobby, and a great way to either make a few extra bucks or even a living. I know my stuff but I'm by no means an expert, so please feel free to bring up new topics or to disagree/challenge anything I or anyone else may lay on the table in here for discussion.

This forum is for discussing the matter of Automotive Detailing. Detailing is a highly specialized field. It is not a difficult activity but there is a learning curve involved. A line I like to use is "Detailing is 10% products and 90% process". I can't take ownership of those words but they are very true. When you start out detailing you're looking for the ultimate product but you'll quickly learn that it doesn't exist. There are many excellent products out there, but your prepwork beforehand will make the result either good or great.

Beware the lure of the "ultimate product" and never take anyone's experience as fact. The best part about detailing is discovering new products and new techniques. So I would ask that everyone be open to new ideas, avoid pushing products and allow people to make up their own minds, be supportive of each other and everything will be fine.

Thanks so much, welcome to the Detailing forum at the Lexus Owners Club!