Power Moon Roof

92 Es300 moon roof won't operate correctly. When you push the tilt button some noise come out by the motor then an other time the window will open but never all of the way. Then when you puch the open button you here some noise for the motor area it's a real light clicking noise. and once its open it is a lot of button pushing before it closes. its so strange the buttons are backwards. Any Ideas or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Years ago I had a Toyota Cressida that had the same symptoms. There were never any strange noises from the motor though. Sometimes the sunroof would work, sometimes it wouldn't. Sometimes it would open by itself and then you spent 5 minutes trying to close it. The problem was corrected when a new sunroof computer was installed.

When I push the tilt button sometimes I hear the motor try to start and sometimes not. Then on real rare times the window will slide part way back. But the it might take several minutes to close it again. The when I push the open button I hear the motor try to start and then sometimes It will tilt up (but I wanted it to open not tilt) and when it does tilt up it takes several minutes to close it again. And it never closes all the way down. Many time when I push on the buttons I hear the motor click or try to start but nothing happens. I hope this is the additional info you needed. Thanks in advance!

How big of a pain is it to install the motor? The switch is no big deal other that the price of one. Or would I be better off Having on installed at a after market shop if they have one that fits the opening?