Spec Questions.

Most people say that they are 4" speakers in a 6" mounting bracket. I'm not sure exactly what they were when I took mine out, but after a little dremel work i put in some Pioneer 6x9" 4-way speakers and they fit nicely. There's tons of room for them. They sound real nice, the stereo sounded boring without all 7 speakers working. The only thing i'm worried about is overworking the amp by putting a 4-ohm speaker in place of the stock 6-ohm ones. We'll see how long it lasts :huh:

Bstein, what wheels do you have on your car in your avatar pic?

On the speaker subject, I wonder of some 5 1/4 or 6 1/2's would sound better in some sort of enclosure, separate from the pressure that the sub will be putting on them.

Mikee - they're Axis rims, sorry but I forgot the actual name of the model that they are. I got them from wheel warehouse in Anaheim, CA. 19x8.5 in the front, 19x9.5 in the rear. I had to run 3 mm spacers in the front. Aside from that, they fit and look absolutely perfect.

Damn. It looks there are no longer made. I can only find them in 19" at one site, and there's no way I want to live with 19's. Any suggestions on wheels that look similar, besides the ultra-expensive Hartge Classic's?

Those are the wheels that the SC should have come with from the factory, IMHO.

I can't find any other design that looks "classy" and not "Honda" or "JDM." :(

That was my problem when picking out rims, I wanted some that would match the classiness of the car, and not look like the ones every kid has on their civic and integra. I've been shopping for new wheels for like 2 years, ever since I got the car, and I finally found ones that in my opinion match the car perfectly. Even though they were rather expensive, it's like having a whole new car for a much lower price :D

If it's ride quality you're worried about with the 19's, don't worry at all. If you have enough tire underneath them they will ride almost the same as the stock setup. There's a little more feel from the road, but I think that's a good thing. On the freeway with the windows up, there's no noise at all from the tires, just like it was stock. The car handles noticeably better through turns also.

Anyways, I can get the phone number of the guy who sold me the rims if you're interested. He might be able to ship some up to you, or he might know where to get them. Were you able to find an official web site for axis rims? I can't find one anywhere.

Well, I don't buy anything without research first, and info on these wheels is hard to some by. www.axiswheels.com doesn't show them, so I assume they're no longer made. Then there's the offset issue in the front. 19" are simply too big for me from the standpoint of weight. A wheel that big is going to slow the car's acceleration too much. I also want more tire for fear of potholes where I live. 18" is pretty much my limit, unless they're really light, and most knock-off's like these are pretty heavy. Do you know if these were ever made in 17-18"?