Is 430 Reality

Freksho

I am new to this forum, however I had to tell someone!! I got a phone call last night from my friend who works at the Lexus Dealership where I got my IS 300. She said the 430 is a go for 2006. Options that she said would be available would be for coupe & convertible, and also engine size. I so need 405hp!!! :D From what she has heard, it will run about 10k more than the regular IS 300. Has anyone else heard anything like this? I am desperate to have a 430, and just want some other verification. Thanks

Well, I've been watching this since last year when Car n Driver, one of the major mags, had one of those photos of a secret IS being tested in Germany. At the time they speculated it was a 430 because the engine bay is big enough and it was rumored then only in the magazine cause I hounded the web looking for it. Since then, Millen racing actually did it, non Lexus sponsored, just to prove a point. It was on TV not too long ago. Kind of a teaser if you ask me. 06? Thats too long, I hope it comes sooner, cause I think it will be behind the curve in two years, they need to release it asap. Its supposed to compete with the S4 and M3, so has the rumor said. I can't wait!

KJ

Actually stillen was sponsered by Lexus Head office to do the conversion. There are 2 IS's with a 430 engine .One in europe and one in America.It is pretty much a one off and they said it will never be made to production in the current IS platform.

Im ready to trade in my 04. If they did that..it would smoke the m3 for sure. BMW had to improve there center console in there interior. Looks cheap that why i bought the IS. Also basic things you get with the IS you must pay about 9g's extra for the bmw. Not worth it.

I am new to this forum, however I had to tell someone!! I got a phone call last night from my friend who works at the Lexus Dealership where I got my IS 300. She said the 430 is a go for 2006. Options that she said would be available would be for coupe & convertible, and also engine size. I so need 405hp!!! :D From what she has heard, it will run about 10k more than the regular IS 300. Has anyone else heard anything like this? I am desperate to have a 430, and just want some other verification. Thanks

There has been alot of "rumors" and project cars that would somewhat represent what you might see for the future 430. I highly doubt the 430 will give you 405hp with only a 10k increase on overall MSRP.

Why lexus would wait till 06? I dont know, I bought my IS new in 02, and even then there was rumors of a 430. BMW will most likely introduce their New M3 in 2005, and I hate to say it, but thinking about going for one of those depending on the body design for the 05 which to me will be a risky considering I'm not a big fan of the new BMW look.

The M3 MSRP's at 45k, so if Lexus is considering keeping the IS300 model and giving options of an IS430, then I would assume at least a 45k tag price with guessing no more then 350hp's.

Nonetheless, I'm really hoping it is released in 05, as someone else already mentioned, its really lacking, and to release in 06 would be a not so good option. The competition in this category is already far ahead of the IS300. They need to make their move soon.

I really hope this rumor of an OPTION IS430 rather then a total REPLACE of the current IS300 kinda worries me. I'm not looking to spend money on a upgraded version of the current IS300, I want an IS430 that is completely new from the ground up, no updated versions of the current model.

Lexus WILL NOT be producing s IS430 to the market.

This is a story that has been floating around the net purposely.

It would cost Lexus millions just to saftey test the car before production.

The only IS430 you will see are project cars.. and thats it... nothing more and nothing less.

LOC had the TTE IS 430 on its stand at a major UK show last year.

Some pics

is430_1.sized.jpg

is430_2.sized.jpg

is430_3.sized.jpg

is430_4.sized.jpg

The TTE IS 430 has since been super charged!  :o

I would like to note i have been in that car... As a passenger.

sweet rumble! Crowds of people drooling over its rumble!

"The only IS430 you will see are project cars.. and thats it... nothing more and nothing less. "

Not according to my Lexus dealer. When i purchased my 01 when they first came out, I asked about the 430 and gave them information if they ever heard it was coming out. Three years later, I received a phone call from them saying that yes it will be coming out in 1 - 2 years for sure. Talk about keeping a customer informed. I am already talking with Toyota Financial about my 01 to trade in on it.

Lexus shows off V8-powered IS430 at SEMA

http://www.carbc.com/news/highres/is430concept-01.jpg

the pic for car

Posted by: Justin on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 07:01 AM PST

How do you turn around the image of a brand quickly, and effectively? You send an average but popular vehicle to one of the world's best tuners to outfit it with upgraded engine components, perhaps a race-tuned suspension and ride, and if luring in a younger audience, looks that could slay and a sound system that both impresses and shocks. What's been described here is what Lexus have done in order to convert their 3-series/A4 sized IS sedan into a street-smart hotrod set to grab the attention of this year's SEMA showgoers.

Created for SEMA, with efforts from Lexus, RMSV, and Mark Levinson the V8-powered IS430 is born...

Lexus, in close co-ordination with Rod Millen Special Vehicles (RMSV) have created a powerhouse IS set to put fear in the eyes of those who drive high performance luxury sedans. They've shoe-horned a 4.3 liter V8 with variable valve timing - the same engine fitted to the GS430, SC430 and LS430 into the engine compartment of the IS. The engine has been beefed up with a hi-flow radiator, a stainless-steel exhaust, specially-designed air intake setup and other modifications creating an estimated output of 340 horsepower, and torque that's on the high side of 300 lb-ft. Company president, Rod Millen commented on the conversion, stating that the "package of complimentary modifications . . . has succeeded our expectations." The new engine's power is fed through a short throw six-speed Getrag manual transmission. It is, of course rear wheel drive, like the standard IS.

4.3 liter V8 from high-end Lexus cars is mated to a 6 speed manual. Modifications help liberate extra horses.

Power isn't the only thing that Lexus have concentrated on in the IS430 concept; in the transformation from mild to wild, all aspects of performance have been considered, including handling, ride and braking. Those familiar with the aftermarket scene will be interested to see the variety of performance products featured on this Lexus. Tien springs fitted with electrically-adjustable shock absorbers that have 16 settings help give the car a lower look as well as improved road holding, reduced pitch, dive and roll while maintaining a comfortable ride. The IS430 concept rides on a set of 18 inch three-piece gray-painted SSR alloy wheels wrapped in Michelin Sport Cup rubber (225/40ZR18 up front, 265/35ZR18 in back). To help control the car's extra power and slightly greater curb weight - 3350 lbs (est.) vs. 3255 lbs for stock - the IS430 is fitted with four piston Brembo calipers that bite down on 355 mm cross-drilled discs.

Red and black paintjob, mesh grille and cannon exhaust help to gather attention to this special IS.

Another company who has worked with Lexus to display their abilities on the IS430 is Mark Levinson. A world-recognized company on the leading edge of quality and audio performance, Mark Levinson has worked with Lexus to fit powerful yet sophisticated audiophile quality equipment into their automobiles. The IS430 concept features a system, which M-L refers to as the 'Next Generation' of in-car entertainment systems. Around the cockpit, 20 strategically placed speakers are fitted to create perfect sound. Total power on the system is rated at 720 watts, which leads to an impressive 7.1 surround sound capability. The other part of this entertainment system consists of a removable 6.5-inch wide-screen display hooked up to a DVD-player, completing the most high-tech and powerful ICE setup fitted to a factory-built Lexus.

With 20 top of the line Mark Levinsons peakers, and 720 watts, this stereo system is simply awesome.

Though the IS300 is an aggressively styled vehicle with its poised front end, angled headlights and clear brake lights, these characteristics merely show as minor blip on visual attention. Once all internal modifications and the sound system were prepared, the IS was shipped off to Foose Design, where it received full body makeover. An exterior enhancement package, which consists of Rhys Millen front and side skirts, has been added to beef up the car's looks. The body is finished with a radical gloss black over lipstick red paintjob, divided by a silver pinstripe. Lexus maintains that the IS430 is simply a project vehicle designed to show the potential and the 'cool' factor of its products. Though it's doubtful that we'll ever see a vehicle as wild as this on the streets, there's always hope…

• 1 month later...

No matter who you believe, sooner or later Lexus will have to compete with Mercedes, BMW and Audi but I think they need a redesign to do it. Usually these things work best when a vehicle is designed from scratch with lots of ponies in mind. There are no doubt loads of considerations to do it properly and I dont beileve Lexus is the kind of company that would "shoe horn" something into the current model. Having said that, IS300 sales are very low when compared to its competitors mainly because (in my view) they are way too conservative in the HP department. They are going to have to spend way more money if they want to SERIOUSLY compete with the Germans in the "3 series" market. While most people buy a 325 or a 330, they dream of an M3. Lexus needs to (and will) launch performance products if they want to compete effectively. I will be first in line to buy one. The redesign due out probably next year is rumoured to have the LS V8 as an option...but it wouldnt surprise me that it is launched the year after to keep the excitement of the new model alive. My son just bought a new Audi S4 and these cars are really fun to drive. I made sure he test drove an IS300 (we had one 2 years ago) and he liked a lot of things about it, but in the end result he just had to have the performance. So... lets go Lexus!