New 20's Wondering How Much I Should Drop

blackgs3

i just bought some kaotik z5. 20x8.5 with 34 offset and 245/35/20 tires. 20x10 in back with 40 offset and 275/30/20 tires. i was wanting to drop about 2 inches but scared it might rub. any help would be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

The offsets are tad off.. Are the rims already on the car?? If they are, load people into your back seat and have 2 people sit on the trunk sill.. That should lower your car enough to see if you'll have any rubbing issues in the rear.. As for the front, that's a little trickier.. You can open your hood and have people sit on the corners and turn your wheels from side to side.. But you might have to turn the wheel all the way and see if the tire rubs against the front plastic piece of the wheelwell.. That's where most people rub.. That's no biggie, if you do rub against it it's not hard to cut that piece out.. I can't see you having any real rubbing issues except for turning hard when reversing..

The fronts are a slam-dunk.

The rears should work- it depends a bit on the brand of tire you choose. If you remove the black OE fender-arch trim (four screws) you can gain about 1/8" additional clearance. Then they should work with any 275/30-20 you choose.