1994 Ls Value

I'm currently looking to upgrade from my 1994 LS with 98k and am curious what you think market value is? I know that I can review KBB or Edmunds; however, who knows best other than all of us???

It is black jade with tan interior and has been meticuously maintained by dealer.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

SW03ES said

Take the KBB at the "fair" condition rating and strive for that. Expecting anything more on trade isn't realistic.

Selling the car yourself will likely net you quite a bit more than trading it in. If your 94 is in excellent shape people will be falling all over you trying to buy it. I suggest that you offer it at least above the mid-point between Kelly Blue "Used Car Retail Pricing" and the "Private Party" price - you can always come down.

FYI, an aspect that seemed to make my previous LS easy to sell was having every single record and receipt from day one, including the window sticker. Of course it helped that it looked so good, including under the hood, that people unfamiliar with Lexus thought it was new.

One draw back that I would see is that in 1995 the model was redesigned. But, I have noticed that dealers as well as private party give the new redesigned Gen. II more value than Gen. I; not exactly value but in terms of what level of condition they put it on.

You can easily get a high Kelly blue book price and perhaps even more than that if you have complete dealer service records and have already fixed common 1st generation LS400 problems like the power steering leaks and have also had the timing belt replaced.

Like someone else said, buyers will be swarming all over you if your car is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic shape. Recently I tried to get a one owner 1990 LS400 in the Los Angeles area with only 43,000 miles that was advertized for $12,000 miles. But the seller told me she was getting so many calls and offers for the $12,000 price that she was going to tell everyone when and where they could come to view the car and then she would hold an auction for the car right there on the spot and the highest bidder ABOVE $12,000 would get the car!!