Rust

harcourt13

Well I just got rid of a Volvo S80 that was a pile of junk and am thinking that my new Lexus isn't much better. I've had it for 5 months and there is rust starting under the grill on the front of the engine hood. Dealer is currently painting it but it doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy on what to expect down the road. Also have the noise on the dash that I now know what to tell the dealer. They said there was nothing wrong

There probably was a scuff inside the hood when it was being manufactured with the 2 peices. The outer shell and the inner reinforcement. With the slaty air out there it can accumulate and advance quickly with a hot engine and cold exterior. I would ask them to replaced the hood completly rather than wait and it will come back if it is from the inside.

Well I just got rid of a Volvo S80 that was a pile of junk and am thinking that my new Lexus isn't much better. I've had it for 5 months and there is rust starting under the grill on the front of the engine hood. Dealer is currently painting it but it doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy on what to expect down the road. Also have the noise on the dash that I now know what to tell the dealer. They said there was nothing wrong

My brother in law also has rust in the same spot. I have also gotten numerous paint chips in the same area. The paint in the front seems to chip easily. My wife does very little freeway driving and has many more chips than my car which is always on the freeway. My chips have not started to rust. My brother in laws car seems to have rust coming up from underneath the paint in the same exact area. I am going to see what the dealer thinks about it.