What Are The Exterior Difference Between 90-97s?

snair2

I was wondering, other then the rear tail lights, what other differences are there between the LS400 models in 1990-1994 and the 1995-1997 models? I know the tail lights are different, and I think the grilles a little different, but is there anything else?

This is definately a must see site, heck, bookmark it especially if you have a 91 LS400. The tutorials are awesome... nicely thought out with adequate picture images and good directions. See for yourself.

lighter, more powerful, body strendght improvements, roomier enterior and beefed up look. looks bigger and better then the first LS. no offense to genI owners.

:)

None taken :D

Im glad now i bought the mk ls400...ive everything to look forward to...

version 2 next :D

then may be

a version 3...

think everyones getting the picture.

I hope then that each new version gets better,its only a car at the end of the day,but WHAT A CAR :) :)

yeah i know what ure tlaking about, i also hope that linux will take me to the levels of the financial stability when i will be able to buy those new versions of my fav car:)

the side skirts are also different on the gen 11. they are one smooth piece, its a lot cleaner look, instead of the gen 1 , like mine, that have like lines in them all the way down.

its so hard to keep clean and keep the road grit out of them to look as clean and shiny as the paint. :angry:

i was actually contemplating putting a clear coat on mine. :whistles:

http://www.edmunds.com/used/lexus/index.ht...tent..0.Lexus.*

http://www.cars.com/go/crp/index.jsp

Just go into these two sites and pick your models. Just about all the changes are mentioned in them; just take about 15-20 minutes to read through and they will fill you up with all pictures and info.

Well, my situation right now is whether I spend 3-4 grand to get it where I want it, or do I buy a 95-96?

I am definately leaning towards spend the money, but I would sure like a 2nd generation -- the body is soo o oo o oo sexy, I think. I drool everytime I see one.

it all depends on what YOU want to do LInux. :)

if you want to spend the time and money fixen your ole LEX up, get a repair manual, and make it your project.....i think thats always fun, if you have the time and can afford all the parts

but gettting a Gen 2 isnt' going to be as simple as buying it and your done. you probably are gonna have to do a lot of the same work to that also. ie...maintenence work tb, water pump, ect.... b/c they too are going on 8 years old. :D