0-60 Mph In 7.9 Secs?

1UZ-FE

before i bought my 94 LS, i looked up the 0-60 time. i did a search on yahoo and found in several locations that it is 7.9 seconds. i timed 0-60 in my car and it came up to about 11 seconds. how many others can make this 2 ton beast skyrocket to 60 MPH in around 8 seconds? i sure can't.

last time i did 1/4 mile in my car i scored 15.6 for the quarter mile and 8.1 for the 0-60. but i didnt remove the backseat and sparetire and my tank was almost full.

Possible only with professional test drivers. It takes an average driver about 1 second longer to get to 60. Example: Lexus advertizes the 2004 LS 430 will do 0-60 in 5.9 seconds but Consumer Reports test drivers found it really took 7.1 seconds to go 0-60.

Your '94 LS might not be tuned up right or have other mechanical problems because 0-60 should take only about 9 seconds.

There were quite a few comments in the automotive press in the early 90's about how the LS was gaining weight and slowing down as changes were made year by year. The fastest LS's from 90-97 are probably the earliest ones with the fewest options. Even a little extra weight makes a difference. I once removed the bumpers, the spare tire, pass. seat and a lot of interior and trunk trim before taking a car in for a partial restoration - it was hard to believe how much faster it was without the extra weight.

nope, gen I was far from the fastest. Gen II LS lost significant amount of weight and gained some extra ponies so its def faster then gen I. Gen III got even more hp then genII.

im gonna have to agree with VMF on that one. as i've said before, i work at the local lexus dealer and drive all the customer cars. gen I is slowest(250 HP), gen II is in the middle(270 HP), and gen III is the fastest (290 HP).

Wow, I had not realized that the Gen II lost so much weight. I stand corrected.

Here is a quote from a 97 LS road test on www.edmonds.com

"The LS400's powerful V-8 engine pushes out 260 horsepower and 270 pound-feet of torque through the rear wheels; enough to get this 3,700-pound car from zero-to-sixty in a factory-reported 7.1 seconds."