Car Won't Move

I have been working on this 92 ES300 most of the day with the doors open and the key on. I was mostly working on putting a OEM radio in the car along with a new power anntena and trying to get the CD changer to eject. I replace a couple of hoses from the intake to the air cleaner and valve cover put thats it. There was some peeping a couple of times when I was working on the speaker harness. I had to move the air bag block in the trunk when I was working on the anntena but I didn't disconect any thing. Now the transmission won't come out of park. Is any of this related?

Rule # 1 when working on anything electrical in the car:

Always disconnect the battery terminals first!

That lesson aside, it is potentially possible that something happened.

Does the '92 have a transmission control module or other electronic control that could have been shorted out? Maybe something in the shift indicator (are the different gears highlighted on the dash display when you shift or does it stay in park)?

Check all of your fuses first (potentially a relay as well). If they all come up clean then I would disconnect both battery terminals for 1 hour to reset the ECU and then reconnect. Try to start the car and shift into gear then and see what happens.

There are 2 switches on the parking brake pedal arm.One is for the brake light the other is for the transmission release. You have somehow disconnected that wire .You can for the time being remove the little black cover to the right of the shifter ,pop it up and there is a space to insert the key incase of a dead battery.Do this and you will be able to change positions.

There are no lights on the dash display about being in any gear.

Not even Park?

Some dumb questions here, but are you depressing the brake pedal while trying to shift? Is the car started while trying to shift?

(I thought from your previus post that you were able to move the shift lever, but that it wouldn't go into gear.)

Do what SKPerformance has suggested w/ the emergency shift lock release and see if that works.

It was a blown fuse "ECS" after I replaced it the ABS light went out and I was able to move the shift lever. The air bag ligth still is on though. Any tips on reseting it?

Thanks for all of the help!