Options Question

Exhaustgases

I've seen that before. It does not mention options. I gather that all the options for 1990 were the very same offered in 1992 model years.

Not exactly. Remote entry and leather seats were optional on the 1990 LS400 but standard on the 1992 LS400. The 1990 LS400 I bought new and drove for 13 1/2 years had cloth seats but it did have the optional remote entry.

If you are looking to buy a "generation one" (90-94) LS400, the 93-94 is a huge improvement over the 90-92.

I've seen that before. It does not mention options. I gather that all the options for 1990 were the very same offered in 1992 model years.

Not exactly. Remote entry and leather seats were optional on the 1990 LS400 but standard on the 1992 LS400. The 1990 LS400 I bought new and drove for 13 1/2 years had cloth seats but it did have the optional remote entry.

If you are looking to buy a "generation one" (90-94) LS400, the 93-94 is a huge improvement over the 90-92.

What makes them a huge improvement?

What makes them a huge improvement?

There was a very long list of improvements -- see the list at the previously posted link to www.lexls.com/info/lsgenerations.html

Only thing I see that is a big improvement is "anti corrosion steel" But I'm sure its not stainless steel, so I'm not sure what is meant by that term. I sure don't see how the forward head liner being changed to fabric in 93 is any kind of improvement at all. Increasing the steering shaft diameter is a good thing. And revised differential mounts are likely also good.

But all this has nothing to do with my question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What options did 1992 have that were not offered on 1991 or 1990's????????????????????????????? Like the seat and mirror memory ? Like CD changer? Like electrical controlled head rests? Like the power extend and tilt steering? And what ever else that I can't think of right now. Color options? Other than the tag on the B pillar that shows manufacturing date what else distinguishes the model years apart? I'm glade a 94 moon roof fits a 90, oh that's an improvement the 94 has a better moon roof seal.

Optioning on the '93s and '94s isn't all that different than the first gen cars, but there's quite a few running differences that makes these two years the best of the 'first gen' LS.

Just a few of the rarely noticed but improved things include bigger brakes (huge improvement) with associated 16" wheels, H4 headlights (as opposed to the really crummy 9004 bulbs used in US-spec 1st gen cars, R-134 air conditioning (MUCH more reliable than the R-12 setup in the earlier cars), electronic odo/trip computer versus the analog odo, to name a few things.

Paul

quote "People like me don't consider" quote

wow bob, you seem to have an axe to grind with anyone who has a different opinion than you do... the guys on here are just trying to answer your post and you bite their heads off......

makes us want to just leave your post BLANK....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, didn't mean to come across the wrong way. It just seems I deal with too many so called "improvements" all the time, they just don't seem like improvements most of the time. Not all just in the automotive world. And I was stating some facts, I guess I should have worded it better.