Ls400 Navigation Screen Part Number

soleil14

Hello, I want to buy a new navigation screen for my 99 ls400.

I found this item:

http://www.shopdealergenuineparts.com/lexus/oe-lexus/8611150070

Part number 8611150070, but it too expensive for me.

I just want to change the screen.

Then i found this on ebay :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-99-00-LEXUS-LS400-GS400-INFO-GPS-TV-SCREEN-PLAYER-10177-/281343601453?hash=item418162ab2d&vxp=mtr

or: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231358726657?item=231358726657&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

Part number : 86111-30160

It the navigation screen of a GS400 but the seller say that it will fit my ls400.

Is this true?

Thank you!

I have a 99 LS400 and just swapped out the Navigation screen for a standard OEM Pioneer stereo and standard HVAC control. The screen was malfunctioning, going blank about 1/2 of the time.

I have a second navigation unit for my 99 LS400, including the screen, that works fine, except the backlight bulbs for the LCD clock and one of the temp displays are burnt out. The display is still fine, it is just more difficult to see at night. The navigation screen itself is is fully functional and works fine. It also has an OEM radio reciever that includes an auxiliary jack for iPhone. If you want the whole unit, screen + radio, PM me and we'll arrange something. Otherwise I will be listing it on eBay shortly.

And no, the Navigation unit for the GS400 will NOT fit your car. Just take a look at the photo. Notice that it is missing the LCD display for clock and temperature at the top?

• Like 1

My unit works just fine. It's just the display screen is a little dark and difficult to see in day and night.

I just want to change the screen itselft (not the whole unit). Maybe the screen from the gs400 will fit?

My ls400 has only 91k miles on it and it still look beautiful:

14810506256_ce32bc89af_c.jpg

14810506336_ba8dae75f6_c.jpg

14830415161_fac78094ef_c.jpg

14646959097_8c315d672d_c.jpg

14853355713_e441201294_c.jpg

14646774430_436fa04a80_c.jpg:

Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Vietnam :)

Another question : when you swap to the standard radio and HVAC control, will it fit directly?

Thank you!

Hey Giang, that's a sharp looking LS400 you have. These are great cars. I've had mine for 10 years and she still runs like new. I've maintained her well and she is so smooth and quiet and still handles like a dream.

Unfortunately, you cannot separate the screen from the entire housing. The housing for the LS400 includes the LCD temp and clock displays and the housing for the GS400 does not. If your screen is not working or is otherwise defective, you need to replace the entire unit, i.e., part no. 86111-50070. You could try to find someone to repair it, but good luck with that. :wacko:

It seems like you might have recently bought the car and are still getting familiar with it? Did you try the brightness adjustment on the navigation screen? Press the "menu" button and I think there is a selection for screen brightness or screen options. You can adjust brightness and also contrast as I recall. You can also choose to have the screen display darker colors at night. Hope your solution is this simple!

As to changing to the standard Pioneer, the HVAC is plug and play. The stereo is not. The harnesses are different. I bought a used Pioneer OEM radio receiver on eBay and it included the wiring harnesses. I had to splice about 20 or so wires. But it worked out fine. The wiring diagrams area available on this forum. But, you need the harnesses that came with the OEM Pioneer unit.

Another issue with switching to the standard Pioneer is that the center vent for the LS400 with navigation is slightly different than with the standard Pioneer. You will be left with an unsightly 1/4 inch gap between the top of the HVAC control and the bottom of the A/C center vent. You can buy the correct center vent on eBay for around $30.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it works out.

• Like 1