Pics Of Ucf20/21’S Lowered Less Than 1.5”?

Big Iron

I just bought a 1999 LS400 to replace my 11MPG FJ80 as a daily driver. While I get caught up on the maintenance, I’m beginning to think about how I’d like the car to look and perform. I know these cars are known for their affinity to the VIP style, coilovers, and negative camber, and that’s generally what I’m seeing when searching for ideas.

I’m looking to do something I’d consider a bit classier and easier to live with on a day to day basis, yet somewhat unique. I’d also like to do my best to improve the handling performance, while maintaining a comfortable ride. This will mean running enough tire on whichever wheels I choose, and I’ve read the 45 ratio is pretty decent.

I’d like to see some photos of UCF20/21’s which are lowered less than 1.5” (stock is fine too), but which have been modified. I’d also like to hear from anyone else who shares my goals.

Thanks guys!

Joe, there just does not seem to be many modifiers on this board. We are just trying to keep them running, let alone 'slammed'. Sorry. But welcome to the site! ;-)

Let us know how your project goes. Would love to see some pics.

My line of thinking is that Lexus engineers went to extreme pains to get the suspension to where it is. I can appreciate why others might want the look but this guy is not going to mess with it. ;)

Well I have Eibach springs with the KYB-GR2 shocks and 19in G35 rays on and it looks nice. Like Landar said the ride is drastically different from stock but I can live with it for the most part. I'll get a pic when I go back out to the car but it's raining right now. I'm in the process of doing some body work so don't mind the condition of the car.

It was raining too much and I forgot to take the pic. I never had tanabes so I can't comment on it. The Eibachs are nice and give a decent drop without going crazy. I'm running 245/40/19. The fronts rub on the fender cover at full clock though which is a common issue with the 245. A 225 would have eliminated that but I wanted to be able to rotate tires so I sucked it up.