98 Es300 Scheduled Maintenance Supplement

Wow, thats great! For the ATF service, I noticed the note that said the ATF and differential are filled seperately for this 1998 es300. I found this not to be true, What I did was drained only the diffential, put in a quart through the dipstick, and I found that I just wasted about a quart on new fluid :blink: but at least now I know.

They are however drained seperately.

Little off topic, but when checking the level, after running the car for a while (maybe I drove it too long and its running too hot), is it ok if the dipstick runs a little under a quarter inch over the full hot mark?

Tranny and diff are separate in design but keep reading. When filling one (tranny) it spills over to the diff. I have also done my tranny and diff.

They are filled in the same location and when filling you need to add the tranny fluid cap and the diff cap.

I think when I drained my diff only like 0.75 of a qt came out and only like 2.5 on the tranny.

oh, m2-c-The fluid fill should be up to the fill mark all the time. I drive 1 hour home from college 3 nights a week and I try to check once per month. It is right where it should be. I also check PS fluid,engine, and brake. All ok. the break fluids is drained twice per year. By drained I mean with a syringe.