Broken Upper Glovebox Latch On 2001 Lexus Ls430

Horsefly

The upper glovebox in my Lexus won't latch because the metal loop, "U" that the glovebox door fastens to, has broken off the stationary bracket located in the top of glovebox. I tried, without success, to reinstall the "U" shaped loop in the recessed bracket. I then noticed, with a mirror, that a phillips head screw seemed to hold the bracket to the dash and I removed it, thinking my job was almost done. I was wrong, the bracket wouldn't budge. It seems there is another screw coming from an inward direction that continues to hold the bracket in place. Anyone know the easiest way of replacing that bracket? Total glovebox removal?

Anyone know where the release points are on the wood trim around the glovebox to enable box removal? I have removed both door panels in front of car to change the audio speakers, but don't want to attempt glovebox removal wihout some info 1st. I would hate to scar up the dash.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Horsefly