Help Door Key Holes Jammed

Lexuspearl

My 91 ls400 had both door key holes jammed and is can't it or unlock it luckily my window was open and I opened threw the inside but the alarm went on and my car won't start I'm guessing because of the security won't let me turn on the car if my key holes worked I could unlock the car with the key but they don't work what can I do. Can I disconnect the security

Welcome Oscar!

You are going to have to humor me and start from the beginning. So, I suppose you only have a key or two and usually lock the car via the door lock, mechanically? And you have no electronic key fob?

Please tell us how you previously went about locking and unlocking the car?

...and how in the world did both locks suddenly become "jammed"?

Sorry fellas I'll explain myself better..

Both of my keyholes in my ls400 are broken because they froze and the key was forced in the holeI , the key goes in but I can't turn it to unlock or lock my car so I always leave one door unlocked when I get

Off my car but a couple days ago I locked the car from the inside before closing it and I forgot to leave one door unlocked but luckily I left my window a little open to

Be able to reach In and unlock it but the alarm turned on and I couldn't stop it before I would stop it by inserting the key In the keyhole and unlocking it but since both keyholes are messed up

I can't turn off the alarm which I'm guessing disables the security and my car won't start at all which I'm guessing is because the security is still on and I don't have my remote it got lost I only have one key which is for the doors and the keys....is there a way to disconnect the security so my car could start

Even though your door locks are not working, I would think that putting the key in the ignition and turning it would satisfy the alarm. But I am not sure what you did at the time. Did you disconnect the battery to get the alarm to stop?

It is not a simple matter to disconnect the security (this by design). If it were, there probably would have been many happy LS thieves out there. ;-)

At this point, I would disconnect the battery for at least 24 hours to see if the system will reset. Just let it sit without power. Then reconnect the battery and try to start.

Yea I took the batter off and then connected again and the alarm was still going....but I left the battery disconnected overnight when I get home from work will connect the battery again with the doors unlocked....if it doesn't work i will have to call a locksmith thank you fellas for the advise

Thank you guy for your advise it worked I'm able to drive my baby now thanks

I left the battery off

Overnight came home connected it and alarm didn't go one anymore

And car started right up thank you guys

Well it is not "fixed" quite yet. You really need to get both lock cylinders working again especially before winter sets in so that this does not happen a second time.

Yeah I know but seeing as though the OP has been riding around with the locks in this condition for some time I did not think he would fix it now. This should be a wake up call though.