New Tires Needed For 3Rd Gen Gs

I have a 2011 GS 350 with 245/40/r18 on it. Live in South Florida and want a tire that will give the best wear, wet traction and low noise. I have read that the Pirelli's were great tires (Cinturato, P Zero Nero) also Goodyear Eagle. I have never had much luck with Michelin's, they are great tires but usually don't last and are expensive. Any recommendations with real experience would be greately appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

None of the ZR 's have super long tread life and don't come with a mileage warranty. On my GS with 153 K, all that has been on it (except once) has been Michelin Pilots. The one time it had a different brand on it, the car handled noticeably in a down graded way. So I have spent the money for the Michelins because that is what it was designed for.

If you get a different brand, post to let me know how you like them.

None of the ZR 's have super long tread life and don't come with a mileage warranty. On my GS with 153 K, all that has been on it (except once) has been Michelin Pilots. The one time it had a different brand on it, the car handled noticeably in a down graded way. So I have spent the money for the Michelins because that is what it was designed for.

If you get a different brand, post to let me know how you like them.

What if you go without a ZR rated tire?

I would like to know if anyone has had good success with non ZR rated tires also. It is tempting when comparing the cost.

ZR is rated to 153 mph, this is speed that the car is capable of. Guess it's good to be prepared.... and nice to know that you "could" if you wanted to.

I would like to know if anyone has had good success with non ZR rated tires also. It is tempting when comparing the cost.

ZR is rated to 153 mph, this is speed that the car is capable of. Guess it's good to be prepared.... and nice to know that you "could" if you wanted to.

Yeah, but I can't even remember when I have had it over a hundred!! Tickets are too costly.

• 4 months later...

Continental DWS ExtremeContact (all season), I ran them on a Mercedes C300 with very good results. Low noise levels, good wear, good handling, nice comfort.

I totally agree. I put them on my 2006 GS300 about 25,000 miles ago when they were first introduced, and they've still got a lot of tread left. Very quiet tires; crisp handling; quiet ride and good traction.

• 1 month later...