I need to replace my engine and cabin filters and can't locate where and how to do so. I'm hoping that someone can post clear diagrams / video / instructions so I can do this job myself. I was told by tech that it (intake) was checked and I didn't need to change it but I have 17 K miles on these filters and want to be sure. Recently when having tires R&B the clerk showed me the engine filter location and said it would take 30 mins. because of the electronics hooked up. Sorry, I don't believe everything I'm told and need the truth from an outsider. Looking forward to some expertise advise on my 2009 RX350. Thanks,

Did you see the pinned post, up above that I wrote, pertaining to the RX400h intake and cabin filter replacement? Your vehicle should be similar.

Dave, thank you for replying; yes I did review your detail posting which I must say was wonderful. After checking my again it doesn't appear to be like the RX400h. I am going to try and paste a pic below since I have not way to email it to you or post on line.

Ctrl/Cmd+V

I don't believe it worked. Any suggested is appreciated as to how to paste. Thanks,

Jeannette,

Which is different, the cabin or engine filter? I believe the only way to show an image is to find it on the internet or your own website and then using the image button, above. I sent you an instant message with my email address so you can send me the photo(s), if you'd like. I may be able to walk you through the install.

Dave

Dave,

It's the engine filter. I hope the pics now appear. I really appreciate this forum which is very informative. Thanks again for going out of your way and above the call of duty to help me and others. I'm afraid some of these service techs thinks a sr. believes what she is told; not always true. God Bless, Jeannette

post-157979-0-09993100-1413045747_thumb.post-157979-0-53062900-1413045767_thumb.

It appears from these and additional photos sent to me that the air filter enclosure has 2 securing screws and a hinge. Jeannette will verify this and I will add a description of the filter removal process to the procedure that is pinned at the top of these posts. Kudos to Jeannette for doing this, herself. Perhaps others will benefit from her experience.

Dave

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By GumbleX
      Have an GX470 that has been a trusted companion for 8 years with 190k. Has worked for my wife and three kids. Was hoping to get the last 18 months of use until my last kid went to college, but the rear air suspension system is totally gone and the dealer quoted me $5,200. Dealer came back and offered a “kit” that would convert to a standard suspension that would be $2,200, but the car still has another $2-3k of other repairs to get it back to “normal”. I put Almost $1,500 into the air conditioning system a few years ago and promised that would be the last major investment. I was surprised that the blue book value still says the car is work $10k. Should I repair and sell, donate or just call it a day and sell it for scrap? Not sure if I could sell it in its current state. It’s an “extra” car and no longer needed, but sucking up too much time and resources. Any recommendations or thoughts about next steps? Thanks
    • By matthewlswanson
      My guess would be either the first gen rx300 or the most recent gen rx350 because they have the most ground clearance. Not sure how they all compare with locking diffs, gearing, wheel articulation, low end torque, etc since I only own the first gen. 
      Second question: is the RX a lot worse off road than the LX and GX or are they close?
    • By BeachBumForever
      Replacing cabin air filter in a 2003 Lexus ES 300 with an aftermarket filter. New filter has an arrow indicating air flow. Should the filter be installed with the arrow pointing UP or DOWN? Several conflicting opinions on other sites. 

• By K-Dog
      Hey guys,
      I am fairly new here to the forum and thought I'd post my problem. I am a loyal Lexus owner and now have my first issue with my 2005 LS 430 with 90K miles. This Sapphire White beauty has been a dream car since day one and untill now, no issues what so ever.  Seems the actuator on my driver door will need to be replaced. From the research it seems to be the problem unless I am wrong?  When I'm sitting in the car and hit the internal door lock, all doors lock except the driver door lock and work fine. It is also a hassle because it won't lock when I use the remote smart key to lock the car. Because the driver doors won't lock the computer senses it and the alarm won't set, I get the warning beep alerting like a door ajar.  I have to manually lock the driver door before I exit, then I close the door then set the door lock/alarm. To unlock when returning to my car, I have to use the remote to roll down the window so I can reach inside to unlock the door because all doors unlock except my driver door. Now this is a Lexus and you Lexus owners know that this is unacceptable. Our cars are perfect in every way, they drive perfect, they look perfect and always work perfect. Lexus wants $1270 for the part and repair. Has anybody done this job as a DIY and if so, what problems had you had when doing it?  Been checking around for the price for the part and finding the cost to be between $300-$499  Would appreciate any information from other loyal owners out there and would appreciate any information to the fix had you done or had done. Thanks much all and will wait to hear back with any or all information to this issue,.

• By MartinNorth
      Hi, I am new to the forum and have a question on my 2009 RX350: Can I use a weight distribution hitch on this vehicle to pull a 2000 lbs (dry weight) camper trailer from southern Ontario to the Rockies and back? Or would the torsion from this type of hitch bend the frame or snap the bolts? The purpose of the slightly stronger weight distrib hitch (4000 lbs vs 3500 for my existing hitch) would be to level the Lexus, reduce trailer bounce on bumps, and reduce trailer sway.
      Has anyone used a weight distribution hitch on their 2009 or older RX without problems? The available Curt #13530 weight distrib hitch (rated to tow up to 4000 lbs with weight distribution) is explicitly stated by Curt to fit the 2009 RX350 (among other models and years), but I can't find a statement anywhere that it can be used as a weight distribution hitch on the 2009 or older RX350 instead of just as a regular hitch. 
      My situation is this:
      - The trailer GVWR is 3500 lbs (unloaded weight is only 2000 lbs).
      - The trailer's dry tongue weight (hitch weight) is about 220 lbs.
      - The current hitch receiver installed on the vehicle is a factory model typically installed by a Lexus or Toyota dealer. 
      - The installed factory hitch as far as I know is NOT rated for use with weight distribution bars (torsion bars). The sticker on the hitch only mentions the regular towing limit of 3500 pounds and does not mention a weight distribution towing limit.
      - A local hitch installation expert believes the frame of the RX350 probably was not designed to accommodate a weight distribution hitch until 2010. Our RX350 is a 2009. The local expert, who looked at our existing hitch on a hoist, believes we won't gain enough by replacing the hitch.
      - The vehicle as it is now is rated to tow 3500 lbs with the factory tow package which I have, and rated for a max tongue weight of 350 lbs.
      - But the trailer currently does sway and bounce some when we tow it. And the Lexus sags several inches in the back. I know the sway can be corrected by an antisway bar and probably be improved by raising the ball mount on the vehicle, which is currently about 2 inches too low for the trailer.
      -  The after-market Curt #13530 weight distrib hitch mentioned above (rated to tow up to 4000 lbs with weight distribution) is attached to the frame by 6 bolts rather than the 4 bolts that I think are used for the current factory hitch. The threads on the frame are cage nuts (captured nuts or maybe they are welded on, not sure)
      So to sum up, I would like to know:
      - Can a weight distribution hitch be used on the 2009 RX350 without bending the frame or breaking the bolts holding the hitch to the frame
      - Does the fact that Curt designates its weight distribution hitch as fitting my vehicle mean that it is intended to be used as a weight distribution hitch on my vehicle, or just as a regular hitch?
      - For a trailer that may weigh 2,800 lbs loaded, is it overkill to replace my perfectly functional non-weight distribution hitch with a weight distribution hitch that adds 500 lbs of towing capacity and 50 lbs of tongue weight capacity. The cost of the new Curt hitch would be about $ 240 Canadian to me, plus maybe $30 for a torque wrench to install the hitch myself.
      Thank you in advance for some expert advice on these questions.