How To Replace Intake & Cabin Air Filters For 2009 Rx350

I need to replace my engine and cabin filters and can't locate where and how to do so. I'm hoping that someone can post clear diagrams / video / instructions so I can do this job myself. I was told by tech that it (intake) was checked and I didn't need to change it but I have 17 K miles on these filters and want to be sure. Recently when having tires R&B the clerk showed me the engine filter location and said it would take 30 mins. because of the electronics hooked up. Sorry, I don't believe everything I'm told and need the truth from an outsider. Looking forward to some expertise advise on my 2009 RX350. Thanks,

Did you see the pinned post, up above that I wrote, pertaining to the RX400h intake and cabin filter replacement? Your vehicle should be similar.

Dave, thank you for replying; yes I did review your detail posting which I must say was wonderful. After checking my again it doesn't appear to be like the RX400h. I am going to try and paste a pic below since I have not way to email it to you or post on line.

Ctrl/Cmd+V

I don't believe it worked. Any suggested is appreciated as to how to paste. Thanks,

Jeannette,

Which is different, the cabin or engine filter? I believe the only way to show an image is to find it on the internet or your own website and then using the image button, above. I sent you an instant message with my email address so you can send me the photo(s), if you'd like. I may be able to walk you through the install.

Dave

Dave,

It's the engine filter. I hope the pics now appear. I really appreciate this forum which is very informative. Thanks again for going out of your way and above the call of duty to help me and others. I'm afraid some of these service techs thinks a sr. believes what she is told; not always true. God Bless, Jeannette

post-157979-0-09993100-1413045747_thumb.post-157979-0-53062900-1413045767_thumb.

It appears from these and additional photos sent to me that the air filter enclosure has 2 securing screws and a hinge. Jeannette will verify this and I will add a description of the filter removal process to the procedure that is pinned at the top of these posts. Kudos to Jeannette for doing this, herself. Perhaps others will benefit from her experience.

Dave