Just Installed Power Antenna Mast

My power antenna cable snapped, so I bought one of those power antenna masts on EBAY for $39.99. Worked like a charm.

Unfortunately, because my cable snapped I had to take the whole motor housing apart to remove the remaining length of cable. Like a jackass, I put the new cable in without making sure the nut on the outside was on top of the new mast, so I ended up having to take the motor apart twice. DOH! Even taking the motor apart twice it only took about an hour.

For anybody needing to make this repair, I highly recommend that part.

• 5 months later...

Ok, I think the very same thing JUST happened to me. I can hear it trying to go up and down but nothing happens, and you can physically extend or retract the mast with little effort. Would you mind telling me exactly what cable you bought on ebay to fix this. I would REALLY appreciate it!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
The seller/email was "GLG Direct."  Have you done a search on ebay for "Lexus GS 300 Antenna Mast?"  Should be there... :)

OK, this just happened to my GS300. I hear the motor running, but the antenna doesn't move. So I am assuming my cable has snapped. Do I need to get a whole new motor, or just a cable? How difficult is it to make the repair?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Just read this and other posts on the topic. The motor running indicates a snapped cable is the likely issue. Order it off Ebay and follow the detailed instructions and you should be fine. It take less than an hour to fix.

Just read this and other posts on the topic.  The motor running indicates a snapped cable is the likely issue.  Order it off Ebay and follow the detailed instructions and you should be fine.  It take less than an hour to fix.

Ok, I found all the previous info on this subject. I just wanted to confirm that it was a cable problem. I guess I was also thinking is it worth just replacing the entire motor since the cost would not be much more? I see full units on Ebay for about $40 and cable only for $20.