Peotorque Vs. Precision Industries

Whoops...meant for the title to say ProTorque vs. Precision Industries.....

I saw this thread on another message board, but I didn't get the answer I was looking for .....Can anyone help me out?

Does anyone know what will be the difference between the Dragon TC from maybe PI or Swift Racing vs the one from ProTorque. Their prices are very reasonable and I am really thinking about getting one from them. Is the Dragon TC worth the extra $500? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

A Torque Converter is something totally different that an Intake.. I'm not sure that you know that from your post I just read.. But yes, the TC is totally worth the money.. like with me for instance, I have upgraded my Intake, Exhaust, Plugs, ECU and it still was dragging off the line.. But after I changed out my Torque converter with a higher stall speed TC that lag went away.. Now you hit the gas and it goes.. Definitely worth the price..

I realize the difference between a TC and intake, but I'm trying to figure out if the Dragon TC is worth the extra $300 vs the TC from ProTorque. I was quoted @ $740 for a 9.5' Dragon TC from Swift Racing and Protorque makes one for around $400. Does anyne know the difference in the 2 torque converters?

I was quoted @ $740 for a 9.5' Dragon TC from Swift Racing

Wow. I'd jump on that if it is correct. The PI for the GS300 is about $950. The ones for the GS400 is about $850. Is it used? I may have to contact SRT myself if that is the price for a new one.

Mine rattles when it's in park and Neutral..

Really? That's no good. :(

Also, this is what is listed on the website:

Lexus GS4**/LS4**/SC4** Models: Price $950.00 + s/h.

Lexus IS300/GS300/SC300 Models: Price $995.00 + s/h.

dgraves1277,

Can you confirm your price quote? Thanks.

Chris, it's most likely that SRT is selling the TC at cost with their turbo kits.... Remember, that the TC isn't what's making them money.. They used to do that while back with HRE's....

Gotcha! I'm not planning FI until next year and it may not even be SRT. The price was interesting but I'll just wait to do it all next year if what you say is true.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the email I got from "Jack" at PI:

The 9.5" Dragon converter we make for your car, sells for

$734.58 and comes

with a 2 year warranty. It will give the car better take off and

performance.

Precision Industries

800-649-7866

So I'm assuming it is legit. I'm sure the installation will cost me quite a few $$$

Here is the email I got from "Jack" at PI:

The 9.5" Dragon converter we make for your car, sells for

$734.58 and comes

with a 2 year warranty. It will give the car better take off and

performance.

Precision Industries

800-649-7866

So I'm assuming it is legit. I'm sure the installation will cost me quite a few $$$

Wow. We need to clear this up. This is what I got from "Jack" awhile back. I wonder if they've changed the pricing:

-------------

Yes the book I have shows it's the same as the IS300. That's the multi-disc and it sells for $934.42. Shipping will be $30.35 and the warranty is for 2 years. Precision Industries 800-649-7866

-------------

Can you make sure it is the multi-disc one for a 2nd Gen GS300? Even for the single-disc GS400 one, that's a great price for new.