*is This True? Help!

100% have the oil consumption problem on my 2006 GS300 (losing 2 quarts in 800 miles)... I'm at 155,000 miles on my car, NOT the first owner... And now with Fall bringing the colder weather, my engine is starting LOUDER and the RPMS seem to be off (the needle going up to almost 3 at first when idling)... This must be the misfires, huh? My question is:

- Somebody said a direct QUOTE from the bulletin said: 'the repair is good for 9 years, regardless of miles' if they see we have these problems... Is this true?? I need to know now as the "9 year" mark would actually be up this January (2006-2015 = 9 years)... I can guarantee the repair hasn't been done on my car (and I'm seeing 155k miles of the carbon build up). What do I need to make this happen, or can someone confirm that quote etc? I don't believe I should have to pay [thousands] out of pocket for a legitimate engine, design defect... That's not right.

Help!! Please let me know if that quote is correct or if anyone knows about this!!

.....sorry about your problem...I'm no mechanic but have many yrs experience...first look for a miracle...put paper under car when parked...see if any leak. If yes leak the miracle you want is bad oil plug or bad filter gasket...if no miracle, then it gets expensive i.e.. bearing seals, piston rings whatever...what is this you are saying about a repair guarantee of 9yrs???never heard that one....

I wish I could offer hope but there isn't much to be found with 400 miles a quart. No, it isn't right but it is true and I'd guess worn rings from neglecting regular oil changes in the past. Now, for a possible cheap solution. Try adding a can or two or RESTORE to your oil. My 66 Cutlass used so much oil it looks like a fog. The stuff really works well to control oil loss. Keep in mind that burning all that oil is probably terrible for your catalytic converter, plugs, et al. I do know it is a whole lot cheaper than a new engine.

Oh, the RESTORE won't "fix" anything. Worn rings are worn rings. The stuff actually works to stop extreme oil burning. Not sure why and of course I know the rings are shot but for whatever reason, it worked. Warm up the can and shake really well before you add. I'm not even sure they still make the stuff.

*Thanks for the replies guys - but I KNOW what the problem is... because it is the common 'oil consumption - piston ring/valve spring' problem MANY GS300 owners have had... So my question wasn't regarding suggestions about what the problem is or a 'cheap fix'... I was hoping to speak with someone who either received the REAL bulletin, had the repairs done - or knows about the 'unlimited miles, 9-year' aspect of this bulletin. If you search 'oil consumption' for a GS300 (2006) - you'll see a zillion posts about CARBON BUILD UP and the bulletin that was released... I'm starting to experience all of the symptoms, but I just bought this car... And it has 155,000 miles - but I still feel I'm in the right to have this repair done because it's an actual engine design flaw... Not a 'maintenance' issue... It wouldn't matter if my oil change history was perfect (which it is thus far) - the carbon build up would still occur. Hope this clears up my question about what the bulletin entails. I do realize I'll probably have to speak with Lexus corporate etc...