Need Advice Please. Engine Ticking Noise. Not Injectors.

I recently started getting this sound from my 2007 is250 AWD. (See YouTube link) My cousin is a mechanic and he said he thinks that it might be the timing chain alignment and that it would be a $$$$ repair. I currently have 75000 miles and no longer have warranty coverage. My extended Lexus Platinum Warranty expired last year I had 7/years 75000mile coverage but while it was under warranty I went to Lexus because I was getting low engine oil warnings often and Lexus had me go back every 600 miles or so to check they oil level and they said it was consuming normal amounts of oil. Fast forward almost a year later and I have this issue. My cousin thinks it could be directly related to the low engine oil level. Any advice or input would really help. Especially if it was overlooked by them.

Video:

My opinion is it should go back to same Lexus dealership for diagnosis.

It's good that you had it checked frequently while it was under warranty for the "low oil warnings", that left a good audit trail at service department.

If the current noise is directly related to the earlier problem that was never fixed, assistance might be given.

The low oil light would go on if you were low. Find a toyota dealership in your area which is not associated with the Lexus dealership where you dealt and have them look at your car. For whatever reason every lexus dealership I have ever dealt with are pretty much terrible. Good coffee, but terrible on everything else. Pretty bad to say that I am afraid to go to mine for service.

UPDATE: Dealer performed the full rebuild as per the TSB. While working on it they called me offered to change the waterpump (source of ticking), fan belt and spark plugs. Since the engine would be open already they only charged for parts. So total invoice was 380$. I'm good for another 7 years tongue.gif

Thanks again guys ...