97 Ls400 Oem Thermostat Part # & Oem Ect Sensor Part #

Havoc123

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have a part # for OEM Thermostat, and OEM ECT sensor for my 97 Ls400? I am also questioning if some brands are better then others. When I look at the pictures of the thermostats available for my year and model I notice they don't all look the same, and does that matter? It seems to me I would want to order a thermostat that is identical to the one that came in the car when the car was brand new, same with the ECT sensor? I would be grateful for any info you would share with me.

Thank you :rolleyes:

This is my 97 Coach Edition

post-116271-0-12471200-1411905446_thumb.

I am afraid you got me on that ECT "sensor". The ECT is the Electronically Controlled Transmission and is activated by an ECT button near the shifter. It primarily changes the shift points of the transmission for greater acceleration.

I can see replacing the thermostat (usually with a timing belt/water pump job), but why do you believe that you need to change this "ECT sensor"? Are you experiencing problems with engine or transmission performance? BTW, I usually go with Toyota/Lexus parts when possible.

Thanks for responding. The ECT sensor part # I am asking for, is the ( Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor ). My car is giving me code P0125. After observing worse gas mileage then I can ever remember having with my 94 Ls400 , and the fact that my car takes way to long to warm up after sitting for 8 hrs, idles high upon start up, doesn't want to shift smoothly... I have diagnosed the problem either being the thermostat is stuck open or the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor is not working properly. Since neither part cost to much and I can do the labor myself, I have decided to replace both. And will do a coolant flush at the same time. The ECT sensor is the one under the tension cord cover and behind the ignition coil, the connector is green. I will click on the link you provided for the information on the oem thermostat part #. And if anyone else or if you know the # for the ECT sensor, Ide sure appreciate knowing.

Thank you

Their was no part number given when I fallowed the link you provided me with. Does anyone know the answer to my question's? I have a 97 Ls400. Second gen Ls400, engine is 1 UZ-FE/UCF20 automatic. I am trying to save money and order the parts on line. I want the thermostat that is the correct replacement for my car. Some of the ones Ive looked at while trying to figure out which one to order look slightly different. I am assuming I want the thermostat that is the exact replacement for the one I will be removing. Has anyone ever changed their thermostat in a 1997 Lexus Ls400 and replaced it with a OEM part? If so could ya share that part # please? Id like to get this stuff ordered and on its way. Also want to be sure I am ordering the right part I need.

Thanks

Ok, confusion cleared up. Coolant Temp Sensor. Take a look at this thread. A little long but helpful -> http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/377171-diy-coolant-temperature-sensor-change-pics.html

As to part numbers, was your 97 built before July 97 or after? Seems to make a difference according to ToyoDIY. Look at the door tag to determine build date.