New Exhaust, Questions

IS300Newbie

Hey everyone, Im new to the site. New to IS300's actually, I just purchased a 2003 IS300 and am looking to do some mods to it. I have read alot of the posts on this site and there is alot of good information I have found.

The thing is, is that I have read the posts on the forum about exhausts and most everything I have read is that HKS is one of the better exhausts to go with. I was looking into getting the HKS Drager II (HKS Drager II) and was wondering if anyone currently has this exhaust, is it loud (the wife doesnt want me to have a loud car, go figure)? I have tried some of the video links previously posted and alot no longer work. I would appreciate your input while I make this decision. Thanks in advance.

Hey did you see this http://www.lexusgonewild.com/norCal_v2/I6exhaustComp.htm? BTW i have a pro-1 axleback and pro-1 header, but am still running the stock racepipe/y pipe, with the cat. The racepipe makes a lot of difference, so if you leave that on there it shouldn't make it too loud as opposed to if you were running a straight racepipe with no cat.

Thanks for the link. That gave me some good ideas of what is out there and the volume of the exhausts. Maybe I will grab the wife in here and let her listen... I can see her now, walking straight out the room. :D Oh well, not everyone can be a car lover I guess. Thanks again.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey that apexi looks sweet, but it's pricey. I guess you get what you pay for, it should sound awesome btw and give great gains. You should dyno the car beforehand, install the exhaust, and dyno afterwards. Everyone would be thrilled to see the results, at least i would. Good luck!