97 Es300 Transmission Downshift Issues

When I come to a gradual slowing down/stop from about 40-55 mph, I can feel the 97 ES300 downshift into gear around 15mph. Other shifting appears to be fine, it's just the downshift at 15 mph area.

The ES300 was a certified pre-owned Lexus that I purchased from the local dealership in 2/2001 at 38K miles. I currently have 113K.

What's the possible problem and how do I solve it?

TIA,

Tom

TOM, DUE TO THE LACK OF DETAILED INFO ON THIS ISSUE THERE ARE SEVERAL SCHOOLS OF THOUGHT ON THIS SYMPTOM. FIRST, ARE ALL OF THE ENGINE AND TRANS. MOUNTS IN ONE PIECE? CHECK THE FRONT AND THE UPPER CLOSLEY.

NEXT, IT SOUNDS LIKE THE IDLE MAY BE TOO HIGH CAUSING A SLIGHTLY ROUGH DOWNSHIFT. MOST COMMONLY YOU SHOULD CLEAN THE THROTTLE BODY AND RE TEST THE CAR . ALSO THE THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR SOUNDS LIKE IT MAY NEED TO BE ADJUSTED OR REPLACED. AFTER THESE ARE DONE, REMOVE THE NEG. CABLE FROM THE BATTERY (RESETTING THE ECU) AND GIVE IT A TRY. I THINK YOU'LL BE HAPPY

I agree & think it's good advice to give that a try B) A piece of advice however 2GZ. Please take your caps lock off when submitting or replying to a thread. Some forums consider it shouting or yelling. Something to keep in mind is all :chairshot: :)

:cheers: