92 Ls400 V8 Has No Power!

girthy

The "power" button is for the transmission shift programming. It will make a small, hardly noticeable change in the way the trans shifts - delayed up-shifts, that kind of thing.

Anyone who would advise a neutral drop is not your friend. As Denny has pointed out "what could go wrong" sarcastically. Just about everything.

As you've learned this site will steer you in the right direction. Trust no one else. Become one with the LOC.

Did I or did I not diagnose the problem for you? Right then. Ignore the others, ask us.

The lexus is all new to me, this car was a one owner elderly cpl, garage kept ,supper clean car

It was gave to me free ,the owner told me the trany was shot but turnd out to be a coil and wires ,

This is a great car to cruis down the hwy,

When i got the new cats,i had them give me true dule exhaust

And got rid of the 4 mufflers, replaced with just 2.

Now it looks classy but has a nice v8 sound

You didn't happen to mention if you see the R (orange reverse indicator light) on. When one of the wires broke inside the trunk hinge on my LS400 it caused all kinds of power issues.

Hello everyone. I have trac code 47 in my 1995 Lexus Ls400, I just replaced the sub throttle position sensors and error is still there... I already reseted the EFI... Any ideas?

• 8 years later...

I have a 1990 Lexus LS400 recently the battery light came on so I changed the alternator myself. Now there is no electrical power to the whole car. No headlights or radio and it won’t start or turn over 

Were there any strange circumstances that occurred before the battery light came on?

How did you determine the alternator was faulty?

Have you had the battery tested?

You cannot perform proper electrical diagnosis with a bad battery.  The battery must have a full charge, capable of taking a charge and capable of providing enough voltage and current for the electrical system.