Trans Not Going Into Reverse

stroker

Im back again with yet another problem...When I put my car in reverse today it wouldnt respond. It would drive in all forward gears but nothing in reverse. Anyone else had this happen to their LS400 and how bad do think this is???? Hoping for the best, Bobby

If the car is not throwing any tranny codes then the only way to really check it is to open it up. I would drop the pan and check the filter as well as Google like crazy before thinking of a rebuild or junkyard tranny.

was there any sign of tranny problems before this happened?

It happened once before about a month ago but finally shifted to reverse but took about 2-3 minutes. Since then I noticed that once in a while, only in forward gears, I would have to take my foot off pedal to make it upshift. Then finally 2 days ago it just would not go into reverse at all...

Well I'm about 1700 dollars poorer than 3 days ago..I took it to a tranny shop and they took it apart and found ALL the seals were hard as plastic instead of flexible and it needed a clutch pak (whatever that is)..Anyway it shifts like new and I would like to thank everyone who replied to my post....Thanks again, Bobby

Sorry to hear about the expense but glad that you got it working. I just hope your not back at the tranny shop in 90/180 days once the warranty is up. That's just my with a trans shop with another vehicle